Northeast Region Custom Sub boxes in New England

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
I like that but how does dude know what the van peaks at?Also, competing in a conversion van in a stock SPL class is almost guaranteed last place everytime.
ive been to two usaci and nespl and have never finished last, i do love my van, and ive turned some heads with it and made people eat there words, my best score with it so far in usaci is 148.2, with one of my amps hooked up i have another one, and also thats with no testin

That box is one of my favorites I've ever done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah Kyle, I meant yours.

This one:

l_48adf3e8c7664ba7a0ae8a374e1f0082.jpg

Here is a pic of it in your van after you painted it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

kylesbox.jpg

ive been to two usaci and nespl and have never finished last, i do love my van, and ive turned some heads with it and made people eat there words, my best score with it so far in usaci is 148.2, with one of my amps hooked up i have another one, and also thats with no testin
No disrespect Mega. It just depends on how far you want to go. CRXBPN, and TJ can tell you that the sport has all but deminished. 5 cars in a class isn't a big turnout.

I am happy for you this year, we need some new blood.

Now if this sport grows, and people get serious like we were a few years ago, you will see people in you class with small vehicles.

CRXBPN with his CRX, TJ with his Yugo are loud because

1.They are seasoned veterans and they understand what it takes to win

2.The smaller the interior volume of a car coupled with the pressure within plus a few more factors will produce a higher number.

Yes you did O.K. in your rookie year in this "small area" and you should be commended.

It depends how far you want to go. Are you happy in our area then fine. If you have aspirations of competing on a national level then you are at a giant disadvantage with that van.

An another thing, when you start winning some of the people you beat are gonna want to knock you off. They may up their game next year just to beat you.

Some people are highly competative like myself although the last couple of years I fooled around and wasn't serious.

I'm not going to mention the thousands of dollars I've invested on equipement since I got back in it in 2003.

I've owned a Navigator, a Voyager, a Yugo, an Explorer and an Astrovan all just to compete (2003 to present).

Sorry for the rant, but again if there is anything I can do for you just give a holla.

I'm down with the loudest most established car audio shop in Ct. My dude has won on a National level so again holla at us.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

to keep up with what Nate said, back in 05 he had the navigator I believe right... two 18's and a load of American Bass 150.1's maybe? Well you did a 154.0 at the dash, and I come in with two 12's and two 2500d's and nearly beat you with gobs less equipment... i'm def not bragging but cabin area makes a pretty large difference. That box Dave built looks to be a loud daily driver as well, so possibly that is part of the reason it "only" did a 48.2.

What kind of power did you do that # with Mega?

I love the box too Dave, great job... I was able to do a 154.9 or something at the kick usac with my four L7 12's in my RSX in some yucknasty boxes, I bet yours can smoke that...

edit x 3 - lol - I just put my SPL burp boxes for my CRX in my RSX and honestly its the worst sounding setup i've ever attempted to listen to... who really wants to listen to a 60hz tuned box all day? Or has the ambition to swap stuff out every other day? (well I do but family comes first now)... SPLz is fun, but it takes alot of work and years and years (and years and years) of reading and learning. Thats the fun part //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Its all good. You guys are def right. Smaller the airspace is like free decibels. Although you can be like Team Act Audio and use SUV's in stock classes and destroy the smaller cars but I wont even begin to tell you how much time and money it will take to do so. Every year you MUST get louder and if you really enjoy competing then you should build a car for a class that has a ton of competitors in it. Trust me I hate stock 601-1800 but look at all the guys in that class...Dave L., T-REX Audio, and Team XLA and me all hitting 152's and up. After 3 years in that class Im bored as hell and now its time to kick ass in MOD and SS no wall. Your team did awesome this year and GL next year.

your big boxes in the suv's are the way to go too, on top of the small car thing is the gas mileage I get, helps the 40 min commute each way to work! Thats another reason I dumped my Explorer for another CRX

i use a rf 1000.1 it will put out 1500 about , i hit my number with that, i do understand the smaller the vehicle the more pressure, i will be competeing with two cars next year, my van and a smaller vehicle yet to be named, im also stepping up the power in the van, and the subs i will have 8 15's next year in the van with almost a 30 cubic foot box, i will still be competeing in stock wit the van, prob stock 1800 to 3000, i have enough room behind my back seats to fit it,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.