Custom Sounds Austin, TX

I don't have anybody do my installs, but I have bought a few subs, a bunch of jl amps, and some focals there. They have great prices when they have sales. They had type-r 12's for $99 for a long time.

Too expensive and worry more about makin money than keeping repeat customers. Local audio concepts in SAn antonio can do same work for $70 less across the board. asked about component 6.5 front doors install custom sounds wanted $125 audio concepts $60 !! ! ! they did past work on my cars and i will keep coming back to them cause they know what they are doin and very cheap on labor

its all in the install. for $120 you are getting fresh 16 guage wire ran from the deck, to the xover which stay in the passenger compartment, thru the grommets to the speakers, mdf speaker plates, and some basic FG or colormatched tweeter mounts.

any other shop in san antonio including audio concepts, audio express, and quite a few other who i also know personally do not do this. they use stock wiring, mount the speaker to the metal door, mount the xovers in the doors, and run a hole saw in a door to mount a tweeter.

quality over quantity...if you dont understand a quality install, GTFO

its all in the install. for $120 you are getting fresh 16 guage wire ran from the deck, to the xover which stay in the passenger compartment, thru the grommets to the speakers, mdf speaker plates, and some basic FG or colormatched tweeter mounts.
any other shop in san antonio including audio concepts, audio express, and quite a few other who i also know personally do not do this. they use stock wiring, mount the speaker to the metal door, mount the xovers in the doors, and run a hole saw in a door to mount a tweeter.

quality over quantity...if you dont understand a quality install, GTFO
Nuthugger?

Wow, that would all be nice if someone ASKED for that. But it looked like he was asking for a component install, not custom fiberglass pods etc. I seriously doubt they do custom fiberglass, install components etc all for 125.

reading comprehension>you. i have worked for all those shops including custom sounds. the difference in install is there. i did not say they built full custom fiberglass. i said if they needed to make a tweeter pod in a non factory spot they would do a small amount of fab to make it look factory for that price.

any halfway decent installer can do this in just a few minutes. especially if templates exist in the shop.

Nuthugger? Wow, that would all be nice if someone ASKED for that. But it looked like he was asking for a component install, not custom fiberglass pods etc. I seriously doubt they do custom fiberglass, install components etc all for 125.

I also had a similar experience a few years back. I had a full size gmc regular cab and had an a system in stalled by audio dimensions. well audio dimensions was bought out by custom sounds after my install. I bought a new truck and wanted my system transferd and was quoted $300 to transfer it. but they told me that my tens might not fit in my new truck so i told them to call me if they did not fit before they built a custom boxI also had them wright it down on one of their recipets and sign it. i never recived a call instead they built a fiberglass custom box for 8's and called me and gave me a price of $1800. i was firious but had no choice but to pay. i keeped complaining and they sent me to their corperate office and told them what happend and the guy their bassically said i lied about the hole thing. i pulled out the the quote with their logo which was signed by the person giving me the quote and stating they would call me before any work was done. and at that point the reginal manager gave me a $800 refund. I still paid a lot but figured setteling was much more cost efective than court. I have known other who have had the same kind of experience thair. Since then i have learned to do my own custom installs just as good as them.

I am going to open this again and pile on... these guys totally ****. My recent experience with them was all bad:
I did a ton of research and found all of my components at good prices. They had quoted me a price to install almost the exact setup a few weeks prior. When I went in to have them do the install, the "manager" decided to check the install estimate. He proceeded to increase it by over 60% //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif! When I complained that this was bad business, given that the guy who gave me the lower quote was standing right behind him, he say that the only thing he could do was bring over the "regional manager". Instead of trying to find a middle ground with me and earn the business, this ****ing idiot RM actually increased the price even more.

***BEWARE***

Clearly, they are only interested in an install if they can sell you their equipment. During the course of this discussion with them, they told me that they would have sold me the equipment, quoted me an install price, and called me **MID-INSTALL** to tell me that they didn't quote enough. At this point, I would have been forced to pay more. Classic case of bait and switch.

***BEWARE***

I've found them to be way to expensive. They want silly amounts of money for simple box builds and lets not even get started on equipment pricing. (im in San Antonio)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...