Custom Sounds Austin, TX

texasol

TX
They have installed all but one of my car audio systems and do great work. Prices are reasonable and I've never had any problems with anything I've purchased from them. The sales people are very knowledgeable and willing to help.

this is the same place that said they needed to use a "resistor on the digital output of the AVCN2 to convert the digital output to something that can be hooked up to the speakers". yah, okay

sorry to bring back an old thread but i came across it and needed to get my 2 cents in. custom sounds *****. I am from austin and have used them twice. Never again. They focus on making the sale far more than keeping a customer.

I am going to open this again and pile on... these guys totally ****. My recent experience with them was all bad:

I did a ton of research and found all of my components at good prices. They had quoted me a price to install almost the exact setup a few weeks prior. When I went in to have them do the install, the "manager" decided to check the install estimate. He proceeded to increase it by over 60% //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif! When I complained that this was bad business, given that the guy who gave me the lower quote was standing right behind him, he say that the only thing he could do was bring over the "regional manager". Instead of trying to find a middle ground with me and earn the business, this ****ing idiot RM actually increased the price even more.

***BEWARE***

Clearly, they are only interested in an install if they can sell you their equipment. During the course of this discussion with them, they told me that they would have sold me the equipment, quoted me an install price, and called me **MID-INSTALL** to tell me that they didn't quote enough. At this point, I would have been forced to pay more. Classic case of bait and switch.

***BEWARE***

Thanks for the reviews! This company just opened a store in El Paso. I was considering trying them for an install in my new car until I read your reviews. I will go elsewhere!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I like them here in Austin, I use the S 183 location between Anderson Mill and Oak Knoll and I have never had anything installed there but they are always willing to give me the little things I need mid installation, including ring terminals, fuses, and a discounted fuse block just so I would not overdraw on my card, and the manager (Jacob) there has been very patient with me and answered every question I've ever had about my car.

Although I've never had any installations done by them I've gotten to check out two of their installs and they looked clean and functional, and the prices weren't that bad from what the manager told me, and the one I got to sit in and listen to sounded amazing. So just going off that I'm going to say that they seem like a reasonable place to get an install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...