Central Region Custom Rides for Saving Lives - May 31'st 2008 (MI)

IA,IL,IN,KS,MI,MO,MN,NE,OH,OK,TX,WI

Mystic Knight
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MI
Our club is holding it's 4th annual show for the American Cancer Society May 31st, '08. If anyone knows someone in the SE MI area that'd be willing to donate a meter and their services for the day please have them contact me. We'd like to have a lane set up for SPL testing with the proceeds going to the ACS.

We're also looking for things like amps, speakers, etc we can add to our auction. Last year CarDomain.com and DEI donated a Precision 4-channel amp. Street Legal Customs donated a remote car starter.

Any company donating will get free advertising on our site, registration sheet, and many other places. All donations are tax deductable.

Our '07 show was in the last issue of MiniTruckin' (Jan '08) and on DropJawMag.com. If anyone knows any local shops that would like to get in on the show please let us know!

Show details can be seen here: http://www.oaktowntrucks.com/carshow.html

Doug

oaktown_2007_UpstateSociety_%28107%29.jpg

oaktown_2007_UpstateSociety_%28108%29.jpg

oaktown_2007_UpstateSociety_%28174%29.jpg

oaktown_2007_UpstateSociety_%28115%29.jpg

oaktown_2007_UpstateSociety_%28128%29.jpg

oaktown_2007_UpstateSociety_%2818%29.jpg

oaktown_2007_UpstateSociety_%28149%29.jpg

Come to the '08 show and ask them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Here's some magazine coverage from MiniTruckin

2007_show_coverage_page_1.jpg

2007_show_coverage_page_2.jpg

Lucky winner of the PPI amp

DSC04964.jpg

Winner of the air tank airbrushed by Mickey Harris

DSC04965.jpg

Limbo competition

DSC04940.jpg

Bryans Blazer bagged on 22's. Now for sale for 12G

DSC04888.jpg

love the idea. car limbo is freaking sweet too. to bad the ball and chain are getting hooked to my ankle the day before //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Hey man has Bryan's blazer been uptown Mc in the past . If so man i seen that blazer real nice ride and work he's done 2 it.
Yup he's been up to Mt Clemens a few times. His truck is one of the cleanest rides I've seen.

Id go but most of the time SPL guys and scrapers dont get along. All the scrapers I've met act like D****.
The show's a big mix of people. Trucks, imports, hot rods, audio, and more. Everyone's there for a common purpose, raising cash for the ACS. I know some shows have issues but this is our 4th show and the only issue we've had was some Scion club that showed up last year and got WAY too competative in the tug-o-war. It was no biggie though. It's a great way to see vehicles that are a little different from what you see in your normal circles.

lol at the jacked up F350. The Ford dealership here sells them exactly like that minus the stacks. I see about nine trucks like that everyday.
That's my friend and coworker Rob. Way more money than sense. Full Fox Racing suspension, huge turbo upgrade, propane injection, custom milled billet badges, and tons of Alpine gear inside. Last dyno run hit just over 700 hp without the propane. The engine is in the middle of being completly rebuilt to dominate at the truck tug-o-wars next year.

That's my friend and coworker Rob. Way more money than sense. Full Fox Racing suspension, huge turbo upgrade, propane injection, and tons of Alpine gear inside. Last dyno run hit just over 700 hp without the propane. The engine is in the middle of being completly rebuilt to dominate at the truck tug-o-wars next year.
That's pretty kickass. I know what you mean by more money than sense, you can buy them here with the lift kits and turbo upgrades for *only* $70g and like I said, everyone has them:rolleyes:

The show's a big mix of people. Trucks, imports, hot rods, audio, and more. Everyone's there for a common purpose, raising cash for the ACS. I know some shows have issues but this is our 4th show and the only issue we've had was some Scion club that showed up last year and got WAY too competative in the tug-o-war. It was no biggie though. It's a great way to see vehicles that are a little different from what you see in your normal circles.
But most scrapers like pretty audio not the ugly loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.