Custom Painted DC Audio 15s!

Participant count
  • Participant list
well, its unique //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Just wanted somethin different from everybody else. Plus if they ever came up missin I could identify em a mile away. LOL

Acrylic paint from hobby lobby. And it holds up just fine, I did this back in June of 2011 and they still look great. I used sponge brushes to to apply it. To do the letters I had to cut the tip of one of the sponge brushes for better accuracy.

Stare at em while you're boomin and they'll hypnotize ya.lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/groovy.gif.596278eb1b51d07d0b607951ae19b157.gif

LOL. It looks pretty cool. I got some videos on my old phone, but it's pretty jacked. I'll see if I can get them off of it and upload em. I might have one on my current phone. Let me see...

These we plain black when I got them. They are in a custom built white box. Subs are blowing straight into the cabin sealed off from the trunk for high SPL.Running these on a MMATs 3500.1 3000 WRMS.
You need to give them bad boys more power:yumyum://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

You need to give them bad boys more power:yumyum://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif
You think so? What would you recommend wattage wise? I had to recone em about 2 years ago because the lead tensil snapped. I thought 3K was just right for em. You have any experience running them with higher power handling?

You think so? What would you recommend wattage wise? I had to recone em about 2 years ago because the lead tensil snapped. I thought 3K was just right for em. You have any experience running them with higher power handling?
Arent they the xls?

Arent they the xls?
XL handles 2200 Peak 4400. Maybe I had my box tuned too low or somethin? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

As far as the lead snapping.. how big was your box? you may have gone too big and the subs were unloading, or your subsonic filter was not set properly for your tuning. Your only giving them 1500 a piece though, and that's before impedance rise and voltage drop. And DCs shit is underrated they can take more than rated for sure if your not sending them a dirty clipped signal. Ive setup a regular level 4 in someones car on 2k. Give those things some juice mang. as long as you have the electrical to back it up though.. Also if you add power youll want the box to be slightly smaller

As far as the lead snapping.. how big was your box? you may have gone too big and the subs were unloading, or your subsonic filter was not set properly for your tuning. Your only giving them 1500 a piece though, and that's before impedance rise and voltage drop. And DCs shit is underrated they can take more than rated for sure if your not sending them a dirty clipped signal. Ive setup a regular level 4 in someones car on 2k. Give those things some juice mang. as long as you have the electrical to back it up though.. Also if you add power youll want the box to be slightly smaller
Yeah you're dead on mane! I think my box was too big. DC suggests that each of my drivers require 3.5 cubed ft. So I built a box that was 8.00 cubed, subtracted the sub displacement and bracing and ended up around 7.09 in my estimation.

Now here's the thing. I didn't use a divider. Do you suggest using one? Also, My subs' displacement is .23. Now I know that I need to subtract that from the enclosure volume, however does the displacement change when you're using a double panel face? (Using 3/4 MDF)

That may be a problem as well. Even though displacement is .23, when using a double panel that number might be less. Therefore less should've been subtracted off the box volume when factoring in displacement.

Yeah you're dead on mane! I think my box was too big. DC suggests that each of my drivers require 3.5 cubed ft. So I built a box that was 8.00 cubed, subtracted the sub displacement and bracing and ended up around 7.09 in my estimation.
Now here's the thing. I didn't use a divider. Do you suggest using one? Also, My subs' displacement is .23. Now I know that I need to subtract that from the enclosure volume, however does the displacement change when you're using a double panel face? (Using 3/4 MDF)

That may be a problem as well. Even though displacement is .23, when using a double panel that number might be less. Therefore less should've been subtracted off the box volume when factoring in displacement.
A little over 7 shouldnt have caused your subs to lose cone control. A divider is not neccesary in your situation unless youwere to say run an amp on each sub and gain match instead of strapping them. When your factoring in displacements, everything thats within your box is subtracted from your gross volume. What kind of port did you have going on? Its still not explained as to why you brokea lead, although maybe it was just faulty. Subsonic filterwas set at?

Slot port tuned to 32 htz. I think subsonic was at 30htz. Maybe I thought my box volume was at 7.00, but based on the displacement of my double panel etc it might have been alot bigger.

I think I just figured out the issue. Width 36 X Height 18 X Depth 29 = 9.05 Even with displacement that's still wayyyy oversized.

I don't know if was the anticipation of my first child (2 years ago), inexperience or both, but I was way off!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.