2012 Civic Si Build Log

Participant count
  • Participant list

seg_representin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
IL
Finally finished my build last weekend. Car is a 2012 Civic Si Sedan. I still have to fully deaden the doors, clean up the mess of wires in the trunk, and carpet the sub box. I'm doing a 2-way active front setup with no rear fill. The box will probably be just a temp box, just wanted to get some low end in quickly. On to the build....sorry if the pics aren't that great they were done off my phone.

Equipment:

Fronts: Sundown SA-6.5CS

Processor: Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3

Subs: 2x PG RSD10's

Amp: Alpine PDX-V9

-Factory sheet read 129x4 and 570x1 for the sub channel

The car

Don't know what that red is on the right, but it must have been a reflection bc its not there on my car

Build Snack

Wood all cut (7-ply birch)

Doors all apart

Stock Speaker vs. Aftermarket

Fitting Speaker Adapter to door

Both adapters built and sealed with bin sealer primer

Window Sealer added around adapter to seal to door frame. Sealer was also added around speaker when attached to the door

Left and right speaker installed

Stock tweeter in the A-Pillar taken off

Aftermarket tweeter. Hot glued the front of the tweeter casing, really the only option i saw fit, and the glue can be peeled off if need be later

Last edited by a moderator:
Headunit has differential signal output, so i had to tap into the stock harness

Speaker wires, rcas, 12v switched ran down opposite side of car

Box build (0.7 cubes sealed)

All hooked up

This looks really clean. Can you explain how you mounted and wired your tweeters? I have a '13 civic and will be replacing the fronts with Morel Maximo's. My only problem is since they have passive crossovers, I'll have to mount them in the door somewhere but I don't know how to get the tweeter wires down through the a-pillar, through the boot, and into the door. Did you have problems? Any advice? Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.