Custom Kick Panels vs. Custom Doors

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
If I wanted to just do a 2 6.5s and a super tweeter per side of the car in the front and have the location already cut out for the super tweeter, would having just a kick panel glassed for just a 6.5 be fine or will the whole sound not be the same as in the doors? I just thought it'd be a lot easier and less hassle than doing a whole new door panel or pod.

Are you going for SQ or just looking to make the music louder?

If you're going for SQ, I'll let one of the more experienced members chime in.

However, if you are like me and just want to get the music louder, I'd say go with the 6.5 in the kick panel. I did a 6.5 and a super tweet in the kick panel because I didn't want to cut up and fiberglass my door and I think it sounds great. I actually think it sounds louder than it would if I would have put it in my doors because the kick panels point towards my head (whereas speakers on doors point more towards your knees). Also, The door panel is much more expensive to get back to stock compared to a kick panel.

Are you going for SQ or just looking to make the music louder?
If you're going for SQ, I'll let one of the more experienced members chime in.

However, if you are like me and just want to get the music louder, I'd say go with the 6.5 in the kick panel. I did a 6.5 and a super tweet in the kick panel because I didn't want to cut up and fiberglass my door and I think it sounds great. I actually think it sounds louder than it would if I would have put it in my doors because the kick panels point towards my head (whereas speakers on doors point more towards your knees). Also, The door panel is much more expensive to get back to stock compared to a kick panel.
That's what I'm thinking. I just want clear vocals. That's really all I'm looking for in terms of sound quality. I've never glassed so I would rather be missing a kick panel than a door panel if I messed up.

That's what I'm thinking. I just want clear vocals. That's really all I'm looking for in terms of sound quality. I've never glassed so I would rather be missing a kick panel than a door panel if I messed up.
I'm pretty sure you just have poor processing if you cant get that out of regular door locations with one set of speakers.

If i were you, i'd keep the pwx, sell the super tweets and never touch super tweets again. Get some vifa/tymphany soft dome tweets. Get some nice 3 inch midrange and glass the A pillars have them all facing towards you. Do a 3 way active front stage setup and you'll never look back. Get a mini dsp 6 to 8 or ppi 88r or soundstream harmony. Your kenwood cant do sh*t for sound quality to be honest.

my ckx soft dome tweets kept up pretty well with two 18s so you dont really need super tweets.

I'm pretty sure you just have poor processing if you cant get that out of regular door locations with one set of speakers.
If i were you, i'd keep the pwx, sell the super tweets and never touch super tweets again. Get some vifa/tymphany soft dome tweets. Get some nice 3 inch midrange and glass the A pillars have them all facing towards you. Do a 3 way active front stage setup and you'll never look back. Get a mini dsp 6 to 8
I have a minidsp coming here whenever I get all of the equipment. One of the pwxs are blown so I'm replacing them here soon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

cant be the 2-4, you need 8 channels of output for a 3 way active.
Welp, My plan was to run both channels of the ppi 900.4 bridged so that it acts as a 2 channel and then get a smaller amp for the tweeters. But that might not work if I go that route.

Welp, My plan was to run both channels of the ppi 900.4 bridged so that it acts as a 2 channel and then get a smaller amp for the tweeters. But that might not work if I go that route.
yeah trust me man, when you delegate the highs to tweets, mids to midrange and deeper vocals to midbass. They all perform their job much better and can get a lot louder/clearer/detailed when each are specialized.

For the A pillars this is what i'm talking about.

Nissan%20Navara%20D22,%20custom%20made%20Pillar%20mounts%20to%20suit%20Eclipse%20mid%20and%20tweeter%20(1).JPG

yeah trust me man, when you delegate the highs to tweets, mids to midrange and deeper vocals to midbass. They all perform their job much better and can get a lot louder/clearer/detailed when each are specialized.
For the A pillars this is what i'm talking about.

Nissan%20Navara%20D22,%20custom%20made%20Pillar%20mounts%20to%20suit%20Eclipse%20mid%20and%20tweeter%20(1).JPG
That would take another 4channel and just picking the right speakers. The ones I picked go from 120-13k hz so that might be too big of a range (I'm a noob when it comes to SQ, just trying to figure how it all works.)

That would take another 4channel and just picking the right speakers. The ones I picked go from 120-13k hz so that might be too big of a range (I'm a noob when it comes to SQ, just trying to figure how it all works.)
No it wont. You use your ppi 900.4 for both mids and midbass. Get a 100 x 2 class A/B for the tweeters and you are done. Each will get plenty of power. I'd recommend selling your 8 ohm pwx and getting two 4 ohm pwx instead. No sense in running 8 ohms unless you run 4 of them on each door.

With the 8 channel processor, you can cross midbass from 60hz to 800hz midrange from 800 to 3500 and tweets 3500 and up. Each can be individually time aligned which makes all the soundwaves from each individual speaker reach your ear at once. This literally brings your music to life. Any small flaws or gaps in the sound can be adjusted with the 31 band EQ and crossover slopes. This perfectly tunes your music to your vehicle acoustics and listening preference.s

No it wont. You use your ppi 900.4 for both mids and midbass. Get a 100 x 2 class A/B for the tweeters and you are done. Each will get plenty of power. I'd recommend selling your 8 ohm pwx and getting two 4 ohm pwx instead. No sense in running 8 ohms unless you run 4 of them on each door.
With the 8 channel processor, you can cross midbass from 60hz to 800hz midrange from 800 to 3500 and tweets 3500 and up. Each can be individually time aligned which makes all the soundwaves from each individual speaker reach your ear at once. This literally brings your music to life.
Well, if I ever redo it, and I'll more than likely do all of this when I get enough money for everything, I'll have to think about which to do. I have wanted to just run a single brand but I do know that different brands going together is usually the way to go.

Well, if I ever redo it, and I'll more than likely do all of this when I get enough money for everything, I'll have to think about which to do. I have wanted to just run a single brand but I do know that different brands going together is usually the way to go.
if you want to keep things simple, sell all of that, find a used set of hertz hsk 163 and bridge them off the ppi. Dont have to spend on another amp, processors or anything else. Or the PPI 3 way component set is good too for budget option.

if you want to keep things simple, sell all of that, find a used set of hertz hsk 163 and bridge them off the ppi. Dont have to spend on another amp, processors or anything else.
Keeping it simple is always nice. Lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.