Custom enclosure pricing

Participant count
  • Participant list

bluemarvin3030

Senior VIP Member
OK fellas, I know there is somebody with noting better to do (no offense). I had a carpenter build my enclosure, had just enough mdf for two, so he built two. Looking to sell locally on craigslist, would sell online, but no paypal currently. Just trying to get an idea of its worth.

Box is 16x16x16, 1.7 cubic feet give or take, premium 3/4 inch MDF from Lowe's, glued and screwed. No bracing, didn't figure I needed it since it's a perfect cube. Double thick speaker baffle. He did a fine job on it.

In into both for $140, 40 for the MDF, 100 for his labor. Looking to make a small profit if any, could I get $70 plus for this box. Oh, no speaker terminal.

View attachment 26548035

View attachment 26548036

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they can bang something like that out in China and ship it for less than you paid for the wood, and that would be carpeted. If you're not building custom to-order you'll be hard pressed to pay for the cost of materials selling a speaker cabinet.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they can bang something like that out in China and ship it for less than you paid for the wood, and that would be carpeted. If you're not building custom to-order you'll be hard pressed to pay for the cost of materials selling a speaker cabinet.
Yeah I figured that much. Just wanted another opinion. I'm happy with the price I paid and the results. Gonna add a terminal and probably cover with bed liner. To make it more appealing. I just don't have use for two enclosures. Worst case scenario, I can just pass it down to my son, would be an upgrade for him.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.