custom crossover and maintaining ohm rating need help please.

Participant count
  • Participant list

mpfjr

Ok so I decided to re-do my front componet set. I had a MB Quart refrence 6x9 componet set. It is powered straight from the head unit a Pioneer P4200-DVD.

The cut off for the tweeter is at 3800hz and the sytem seemed to have a hole at about 2000hz.

I ended up buying a pair of Tang 2" drivers that have a range form 160Hz to 20KHz and I put a non-polarity 100uf cap on the positive side right at the speaker and I hot glued the cap to the back of the magnet.

Wired up straight it works great but now I turn my attention to the 6x9 in the door. I understand that to do a low frequency filter you use a coil which is fine but where my question comes in is how do I maintain the 4ohm rating on each channel? There must be one item I need to introduce into the mix that allows me to bring the ohm load to 4.

this is my first time doing any of this so I would appreciate some help with which items I'd need to buy and how to wire them. I don't want to run an amp in this car.

Thanks

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.