CT Sounds Strato and Meso Component Sets... a Few Pics

bbeljefe

CarAudio.com Elite
Here are some pictures of the new components from CT Sounds. These things are niiiiice....

Strato:

1956839_1443932602509698_1137447386_o.jpg

1974102_1443932699176355_536097101_o.jpg

Meso:

1980479_1444492849120340_201261024_o.jpg

1932517_1444492905787001_801384936_o.jpg

1898911_1444492959120329_1806887723_o.jpg

1911280_1444493015786990_256913571_o.jpg

1921096_1444493125786979_583280857_o.jpg

1960859_1444493292453629_1675884285_o.jpg

1966168_1444493395786952_673702199_o.jpg

1658361_1444493419120283_1026365990_o.jpg

Both are 6.5" with 1" silk dome tweets, 60watts rms.

Thanks man. Coleman isn't perfect but neither is anyone else. And of course his name is popping up in a negative light... that always happens to everyone who is successful.

Haters are going to do what they do and that's fine... because the products speak for themselves.

They look great and probably underrated as they look way beefier than 60rms..just sad to see colemans name poppping up in negative light so much ....got too big for his britches
Power handling means almost nothing, it's all about efficiency.

Are there any 1w/1m SPL specs for the woofers and tweeters independently?

Thanks man. Coleman isn't perfect but neither is anyone else. And of course his name is popping up in a negative light... that always happens to everyone who is successful.
Haters are going to do what they do and that's fine... because the products speak for themselves.
To keep things P.C., neither you nor I would be fooling anyone by saying Coleman doesn't deserve the flack he's receiving. That being said, regardless of the stamp, both of these sets massively fail a visual inspection. I don't know how Coleman could greenlight those crossovers, first...they're just plain embarrassing. People really should take an extra ten seconds to look at each pic and avoid the "ooh shiny" reflex that comes with new gear as there's far more shortcuts taken in the production of those components than just that.

I understand you have to build cheap to sell cheap, but this is taking it to the extreme. You're right: the product speaks for itself, especially since his CLD was pushed out to the field. And, worse, all that "negative attention" that he's getting would have been completely avoided if he had just stuck with selling his ORIGINAL run of wire.

Then again, that's just my two cents. Let the flame wars begin...

To keep things P.C., neither you nor I would be fooling anyone by saying Coleman doesn't deserve the flack he's receiving. That being said, regardless of the stamp, both of these sets massively fail a visual inspection. I don't know how Coleman could greenlight those crossovers, first...they're just plain embarrassing. People really should take an extra ten seconds to look at each pic and avoid the "ooh shiny" reflex that comes with new gear as there's far more shortcuts taken in the production of those components than just that.
I understand you have to build cheap to sell cheap, but this is taking it to the extreme. You're right: the product speaks for itself, especially since his CLD was pushed out to the field. And, worse, all that "negative attention" that he's getting would have been completely avoided if he had just stuck with selling his ORIGINAL run of wire.

Then again, that's just my two cents. Let the flame wars begin...
Just plain embarrassing isn't an argument. Do you care to go into detail about what it is that you find repulsive?

Just plain embarrassing isn't an argument. Do you care to go into detail about what it is that you find repulsive?
Well I wanted to maintain at least a shred of diplomancy, but since you asked...

Stamping process on the basket

Haphazard gluing of the motor assembly to the basket

Cheap terminals and weak solder joints

Misaligned and non-flush dustcap for the "premium" line of speakers

But it's mainly the crossover. The components are cheap, the design is cheap, and the outcome completely cheapens what, I assume, to be a $100-150 set of components.

Look, I know you have a vested interest seeing as how you are authorized to sell his brand online. Not everyone was so lucky, though, and many have had their contracts terminated for nothing more than not having a storefront; and if you're not at least REMOTELY pissed off by the fact that a man who got his start by selling goods exclusively online has robbed others of a similar opportunity, then I recommend you check yourself for a pulse.

But, hey, as long as there's a buildhouse to buy off and a massive profit margin for both himself and his dealer network, then game on, right?

Well I wanted to maintain at least a shred of diplomancy, but since you asked...
Stamping process on the basket

Haphazard gluing of the motor assembly to the basket

Cheap terminals and weak solder joints

Misaligned and non-flush dustcap for the "premium" line of speakers

But it's mainly the crossover. The components are cheap, the design is cheap, and the outcome completely cheapens what, I assume, to be a $100-150 set of components.

Look, I know you have a vested interest seeing as how you are authorized to sell his brand online. Not everyone was so lucky, though, and many have had their contracts terminated for nothing more than not having a storefront; and if you're not at least REMOTELY pissed off by the fact that a man who got his start by selling goods exclusively online has robbed others of a similar opportunity, then I recommend you check yourself for a pulse.

But, hey, as long as there's a buildhouse to buy off and a massive profit margin for both himself and his dealer network, then game on, right?
You've not provided any evidence for any of your claims. Tell me what is wrong with the basket stamping process, not just that it's wrong. And the same for everything else. I'm happy to read test data but I've no interest in broad claims which are not backed by, at the very least, anecdotal evidence.

Also, I am not authorized to sell CT Sounds products online. If I were, I'd be offering to sell CT Sounds products in the myriad threads that ask what to buy here... but I don't. I tell the poster what is available from CT Sounds and I offer to find them a local dealer. Simple as that.

So far, you've made an assumption about me and launched a backhanded insult at my character and you've still not provided evidence for your claims about a product that few people have even had the chance to see, let alone test. If you've actually held these things in your hands and tested them, I'm happy to read the results of your tests. Otherwise, I've no interest in reading more blanket insults.

You've not provided any evidence for any of your claims. Tell me what is wrong with the basket stamping process, not just that it's wrong. And the same for everything else. I'm happy to read test data but I've no interest in broad claims which are not backed by, at the very least, anecdotal evidence.
Also, I am not authorized to sell CT Sounds products online. If I were, I'd be offering to sell CT Sounds products in the myriad threads that ask what to buy here... but I don't. I tell the poster what is available from CT Sounds and I offer to find them a local dealer. Simple as that.

So far, you've made an assumption about me and launched a backhanded insult at my character and you've still not provided evidence for your claims about a product that few people have even had the chance to see, let alone test. If you've actually held these things in your hands and tested them, I'm happy to read the results of your tests. Otherwise, I've no interest in reading more blanket insults.
I'm sorry, but the strawman argument routine won't cut it. My anecdotal evidence is by what I see...in the pictures YOU posted. Don't want the judgement? Don't post the photos. And I'm not a new kid on the block. If you can't understand what's wrong with a stamped basket by inherent design, then there's no point in explaining why I think the usage of a stamped basket there is improperly done.

The only person choosing to take this personally at the moment is you. I'm just providing a little clarity to those who can perform the same visual inspection on those components and immedately be able to tell they're underrated. Oh, but you had no rebuttal to that claim because it HELPS you sell speakers, right?

Long story short, I'd test those drivers, but I don't have deep enough pockets to support the MOQ required for an Alibaba purchase. Good day, sir.

I'm sorry, but the strawman argument routine won't cut it. My anecdotal evidence is by what I see...in the pictures YOU posted. Don't want the judgement? Don't post the photos. And I'm not a new kid on the block. If you can't understand what's wrong with a stamped basket by inherent design, then there's no point in explaining why I think the usage of a stamped basket there is improperly done.
The only person choosing to take this personally at the moment is you. I'm just providing a little clarity to those who can perform the same visual inspection on those components and immedately be able to tell they're underrated. Oh, but you had no rebuttal to that claim because it HELPS you sell speakers, right?

Long story short, I'd test those drivers, but I don't have deep enough pockets to support the MOQ required for an Alibaba purchase. Good day, sir.
What helps me sell speakers is that I don't lie to people and I don't bash other people or their companies. I tell people what I see and I back up my claims with evidence.

And you don't have to buy a container full of speakers in order to test a random sample. I'm sure there is a dealer in your area who will sell you a pair or two. But then, that logical option doesn't provide you with the framework to launch another ad hominem attack, does it? ;-)

What helps me sell speakers is that I don't lie to people and I don't bash other people or their companies. I tell people what I see and I back up my claims with evidence.
And you don't have to buy a container full of speakers in order to test a random sample. I'm sure there is a dealer in your area who will sell you a pair or two. But then, that logical option doesn't provide you with the framework to launch another ad hominem attack, does it? ;-)
Again, this isn't about you, but I guess you missed that point.

I won't put money in Coleman's pocket, end of story. His CLD was an embarrassment enough, these speakers are just the clincher.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.