Tweeters Hissing

Participant count
  • Participant list

LEAD51

Hey guys I am new to the forum and the audio world. I installed brand new speakers and a used kenwood head unit in my 2001 base mustang. It sounds really good in my mind and it works nice for my first setup. Although i have been having a problem with the tweeters hissing. I will start the car and the music will sound just fine but after it plays a song with higher frequencies the tweeters start hissing some. Its not the recording cause even when the music is paused you can hear the tweeters hissing and popping a little and more than usual. I know all speakers hiss a little but I can easily hear the hissing from the drivers seat. The higher the volume the more it hisses. I dont think i blew any speakers cause all of the tweeters do this and because the stereos rating isnt even rated for the max amps the speakers can take. I thought it would of been the ground but that doesnt explain why they only hiss after the headunit plays a songs with higher frequencies. So if I can get some second opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Speakers: Kicker 40CSS684 6"x8" component speaker system at Crutchfield.com

Headunit: Kenwood DDX371 DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.