Crutchfield guy gave me this setup... he know his stuff?

b0b0washere
10+ year member

b0b0washere
NH
OK folks I am about to redo my Jeep's sound system to something that gives me some really great quality sound without killing my budget.

Here is what one of the crutchfield advisers set me up with:

Sony CDX-GT640UI CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Eclipse SE6500 6-1/2" 3-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

Eclipse SE5000 5-1/4" 3-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

How will this system preform? I want a sound system that will make the bose system in my suburban sound like crap. I told him this and this is what he gave me. I don't mind going more expensive but how will this current setup sound on stock wiring?

Give me your thoughts.

I wouldn't expect very much from it to be quite honest.

If you want a real upgrade, you should be looking into seperate components, a subwoofer and an amplifier.

get an amp for the speakers and then you might get to your goal of making the bose system sound like crap. something that's 50x4@4ohm or run a 2channel at 2ohm that's 100x2@2ohm. whichever route u wanna take. won't get that loud of deck power though

i honestly wouldnt go with crutchfieds prices....just take ur time here and do a little reasearch.... use the search back and look into good head units like kenwood clarion eclipse pioneer....also for speakers i think u should get a set of components like the phoenix gold rsd's

nada on the eclpise. sony deck...ugh...pioneer or alpine is correct like everyone says. kenwood wouldnt be a bad choice either.

speakers, alpine makes good coaxials as well as kicker. for a decent price range and not a ton of money. getting componets and an amp is the best set up but money is a factor.

crutchfield is a decent company but i have a hard time buying from someone i cant see. sales is all about communication. 60%body language, 30%how u say it, and 10% what you say. plus they are sitting on a huge amount of eclipse inventory they want to move since they closed.

crutchfield is a great company to buy from, probably the only place I would pay full price. The customer support is beyond anyone elses.

but it looks like your on a budget...so id get this head unit

*ALPINE CDA-105 CD/MP3/WMA/iPOD

and I would save up for a small to medium amp for the fronts and buy a good set of front speakers

what is your overall budget? You may need to buy wires and an adapter to bypass your bose set up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

b0b0washere

10+ year member
b0b0washere
b0b0washere
NH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date