Crutchfield blows

i purchased a bracket saying it would fit my speakers AND my car and neither fit.
so **** i'll go to lowes and build my own bracket

any suggestions on building it?
Use construction paper //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

i use 1/2" or 3/4" MDF and coat it in resin for water resistance. wood thickness depends on the specific vehicle and top mounting depth available. i use t-nuts for driver mounting and bolts to mount the baffle to the car. i use weatherstripping foam (closed cell) between baffle and door, between basket and baffle, and between basket and plastic door panel. you need to recreate all factory seals if you expect better than factory performance.

small_9222104455501103411.gif

i purchased a bracket saying it would fit my speakers AND my car and neither fit.
so **** i'll go to lowes and build my own bracket

any suggestions on building it?
I know I'm new here, but I do have a couple of questions:

Did you call their 1-800 number before ordering to make sure there wasn't a mid year design change to your vehicle or did you just do everything online?

Have you called their support number to make sure there was no mix up with the order?

I've ordered from them several times and have never had any problem what so ever. I also call before ordering and was saved a headache because of a design change.

I honestly suggest giving them a call and seeing what they will do to solve the problem.

-Scott H.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.