Crown xls 2500

Close. These, actually...

BBE 382iSW Stereo Sonic Maximizer With Subwoofer Output | Musician's Friend

dbx DriveRack PA+ Complete Loudspeaker Management System | Musician's Friend

I ended up getting the BBE 382iSW for $158 shipped new from an eBay store, which was a slammin deal. My buddy runs the dbx. It's great but too much $$ for me. The 382iSW has an integrated 18dB/oct crossover filter, which is/was great for using other amps without onboard crossovers. Best of all, the dipsh*ts insisted that I returned it and refunded my payment even after I told them twice otherwise.

That Aphex is a nice interface for sure. I was looking at similar units a while ago but couldn't find anything decent for a justifiable price, considering $270 was the most I paid for either of my Crowns and the XTi1000 was new from MF. What did you pay, if you don't mind me asking? If there's a deal to be had, I might pick one up. Thnx!

Dutch - If you can get that DM1200 or any other mixer for a good price, it should meet your needs as long as it has decent +gain available. I can set you up with my Soundcraft Notepad 102 mixer for about $60 shipped. It's in excellent condition with only a couple hours use. I used it for a short time until I got the iM9. I may still even have the original box and manual. Here's a link...

Soundcraft - [Products]

That Aphex is a nice interface for sure. I was looking at similar units a while ago but couldn't find anything decent for a justifiable price, considering $270 was the most I paid for either of my Crowns and the XTi1000 was new from MF. What did you pay, if you don't mind me asking? If there's a deal to be had, I might pick one up. Thnx!
I only paid 50 bucks on eBay //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

i use bbe maximizer on my dj set up and love it. cleans up the mains for sure. also helps with the sub amp as well. we run laptop to behringer mixer via 1/8 to dual 1/4 from that to bbe then from that to behringer eq and from that to nady amps. mains are cerwin vega int252 dual 15" cabs and sub is an os cerwin vega folded horn. folded horn is way to go on the sub stage for sure. check out guitarcenter.com for deals .......hint...they have a nice used sale section. got my bbe for $35 and my folded horn cerwin vega 18 for $200 shipped. you can also buy a replacement warranty from guitar center on used gear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Besides the price, the only thing I liked about my FBQ3102 was the sub out. I still have it and would let it go for a good price if anyone's interested. Hell, all my remaining Behringer stuff is now officially on my own Pre-Black Friday Sale! PM for models and prices. Lol

I cannot freaking believe the difference this Aphex 124a made in my sound. Way more than I expected. It REALLY woke my Crown amp up. The sound is not only alot louder but sooooo much cleaner.
That's awesome Bro! You melt any woofers yet? You don't have to, but it's bad*ss to know you can with just a twist of the dial.

Yeah, you're right, those units are all over eBay for $40-$50 used and for that price I'll have to pick one up just to try out. Are you wired through the RCA or XLR ins/outs? IIRC they can do balanced through the RCA's.

That's awesome Bro! You melt any woofers yet? You don't have to, but it's bad*ss to know you can with just a twist of the dial.
Yeah, you're right, those units are all over eBay for $40-$50 used and for that price I'll have to pick one up just to try out. Are you wired through the RCA or XLR ins/outs? IIRC they can do balanced through the RCA's.
If I hadnt thrown away all of my audio stuff just before buying this, I would have fried that Kicker Comp I had in my closet.

I'm running RCA into the Aphex and XLR out. I'm actually listening to it now. Amp gains are at 2 notches above zero and its great listening volume.

do you know the output voltage of the mixer you posted? couldnt find that spec. but really 20 + db?!?! i may pick one up black friday even tho i should really be saving for a car!. so question it goes ipod - mixer - amp correct? like standard rca to 3.5mm (ipod cord) rca to rca from mixer? you have the specific mixer you posted? 

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

i also just got a xls 1000 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif preatty good deal on that 225$ basically new delivered to my house og box and recipt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I use the following on a QSC 2450 sending 700w in stereo to a pair of Peavey PV215's and a Mackie 1400i bridged mono to a Yamaha 218 cab...in my living room, I can listen to music, the kids use it when playing Rocksmith and other vid games, movies....and the cool part is when buds come by, we hook up a couple of guitars, Bass guitar, a mic or two and jam out...using various adapters, you can tie in any source and get the full clean output of your system.....ps, love those crowns too,btw.

behringer_xenyx_1202_b16475.jpg

I use the following on a QSC 2450 sending 700w in stereo to a pair of Peavey PV215's and a Mackie 1400i bridged mono to a Yamaha 218 cab...in my living room, I can listen to music, the kids use it when playing Rocksmith and other vid games, movies....and the cool part is when buds come by, we hook up a couple of guitars, Bass guitar, a mic or two and jam out...using various adapters, you can tie in any source and get the full clean output of your system.....ps, love those crowns too,btw.
behringer_xenyx_1202_b16475.jpg
I can haz adopt?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.