Crossovers - How hot?

Participant count
  • Participant list

THRobinson
10+ year member

Just installing a pair of Sony 6.5" components with crossovers into a 2002 Impala.

Trying to find a decent mount point where it fits and doesn't rattle... was debating to mount it against the insulation inside the door, but not certain how hot these things get and worried about stuff like melting/fires.

I won't be blasting the speakers super loud or anything like that, no amps, just wanted better speakers than the factory ones.

Ya the Sony's have covers, look really nice actually, shame almost to hide them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Never used them before so wasn't sure if they get hot, mildly warm, or no real change at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.