CRossover help

Trey803
5,000+ posts

GAMECOCKS
SC
I was told that I need to mount the crossovers that came with my SLC as close to the speakers as possible. Is this true? I was planning on putting them beside the amps behind the seat of my reg cab truck.

I didnt mount them next to the mid is this a problem. I hooked everything up and moved the tweets around until I found what sounded best to me which happened to be very high on the door panel about leval with the side mirros and pointed at me.

in general is better to put the tweet as close to the mid as possible for a couple of reasons.

1) music IMO is more coherent and full when the tweet is close to the mid. i had my tweets on the dash and moved them into the kicks hence bringing them closer to the mid. tonality wise, the music was more full. i heard voices that i never heard before when they were on the dash.

2) i say the majority of the people run a passive setup and are running their components with a two channel amp. one channel for left and one channel for right. so if you mount the tweets in the a-pillars and mids in doors then you have different path lengths from you to tweet and you to mid. and if you possess t/a on your HU you can only delay the left side only and cannot delay the left mid and left tweet. that's why bi-amping is better because you can have more control (attenuation and t/a wise).

But I would play w/ some areas before settling on a spot. try pillars, dash, doors and kicks. just bust out the good ol' velcrow.

in general is better to put the tweet as close to the mid as possible for a couple of reasons.
crossover //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.