Crossover Freq and slope for CDT "transient optimized" crossover

Pete
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Title pretty much says it.

The model is SatNet-560 "transient optimized" tweeter for the true HD component set.

What are the frequency cut-offs for midbass, main tweeter, and image enhancement tweeter? Also what slope are the crossovers at (6dB/Octave or closer to 12dBoctave)?

thanks guys

pete

OP
P

Pete
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok, sorry for the double post but I just found this

"Technically speaking, the SatNet crossover design is a fourth order/24dB per octave design supplemented by a series first order/6dB per octave on the front end. The unique combination of the two creates a virtual 10th order, 60dB per octave crossover where the critical crossover point between the mid and tweeter is."

A little over my head, but is this the advertising and marketting people having fun or how does it actually work? and what freq are the cut-off points. Also if anyone has a frequency response graph I would really like to see it.

thanks again

Pete

sumone
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Midwest
I don't know if they use the same crossovers but my cl-61s had a chart of the crossover frequencies and stuff on a bigger paper (which the shop threw out...). And it has one on the box, but is very very small. I tried taking a picture of it for you but didn't come out well.

the red line says "bass eq" and the purple line says "power response eq"

the vertical scale from top->bottom starts at 5.00 and decrements by -10.00 (5.00-> - 45.00)

the horizontal scale from left to right is 100->100K (logarithmic?).

**** I need glasses.

OP
P

Pete
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
hey thanks sumone

Is there any way you can approximate the crossover freq by looking at the box? I can't read any of the numbers in the picture, it still did help some though.

sumone
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Midwest
sorry I'm all late about it but I really don't understand this scale/how to read it, but I'll try to explain as best as I can:

- it's somwhere beteen 1khz and 10khz

- there are 10 vertical lines between 1khz and 10khz (including the 1khz and 10khz lines)

- the crossover point is on the 4th vertical line

- the other coordinate is a little above the halfway point from -5dB to -10dB (so probably about -8dB)

sorry if it's not clear...

wombat007

1) CDT SatNet-560, are they worth it? The before (SatNet-456) and after (SatNet-560) effect?

* I know, I know, I could read up the test report on CDT's site, but I would prefer some objective comments here!

2) Whaz the difference (SQ in particular) comparing 3/4" and 1" tweeter?

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.