Cross over help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cru

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey all- it's been about 20 years since I've done a car audio install and I could use a refresher. I'm planning to re-use some older components that I've had in storage for quite awhile since they're still in good shape. I just need some reminders about the component hook ups. Here's my build info- I'm hoping this will help answer any questions:

ATOTO F7 Pro HU
(2) Precision Power Pro MOS-12s (I previously used one for the F/R channels, one for the sub)
Coustic XM-3 x-over
Front woofers/tweeter separates
Rear 8" mid-drivers

I'm good on wiring up the speakers and all- I'm just a little fuzzy on the RCA hookups from the crossover. The amps only have one L/R channel RCA input, so I'm trying to remember how I had them hooked up. I know I was using one of them strictly for the sub, so I'm thinking I was only using the front and sub outputs.

If I splice the front and rears together, I'll lose my ability to fade front/rear correct? Can I use 2 into 1 RCAs for the left and right channels and keep the fade? I'm a little concerned my 8" drivers will overpower the fronts and I won't have good balance.

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.