Critique My Setup

codyc03

CarAudio.com Recruit
Utah
After loads of research, I am purchasing my first setup and am looking for feedback. My goal was to get good bass i can feel and show off, with a budget of about $400. I have a Ford Focus St Hatchback with the stock stereo. I have chosen the Skar SVR-12 sub, Skar 1200 watt amp, soundqubed 4 gauge amp kit, Kicker KISLOC K-Series LOC, and building a ported box out of 3/4 mdf with the sub firing upwards and port facing back towards the hatch. Will this be a good setup and accomplish my goals? Is there another comparable 12 sub that would be better?

Skarbage.

nooo.gif

FU audio 750 12"
Sundown SFB 1000

Last edited:
Skar amps have been showing up DOA and frying as soon as you hook them up all over the place. Been a huge run of bad amplifiers. Plus the owner well that has been well documented on several sites.

People hate on Skar because of the owner. I have used the IVX series and the SDR series. And they sound great. Their RP series amps do rated power. For the price it’s hard to beat.
I think you will be very happy with that setup
I agree. Hell of a lot of spoke run Skar in Hawaii as well as sundown. The only thing that kept me from ever buying it is seeing how many people sell their Skar Subs, amps, and speakers. Compared to Sundown, makes me wonder why that is and that it’s not a coincidence.

Skar amps have been showing up DOA and frying as soon as you hook them up all over the place. Been a huge run of bad amplifiers. Plus the owner well that has been well documented on several sites.
I admit, I even run a rp1200.1. Been serving me well. But I do see that they have increased the prices on their Amps. The RP model in particular.

Thank you for all the feedback! Should have clarified I haven't bought the setup yet, just wanted final input before I pulled the trigger. Have seen a lot of hate on Skar so will likely stay away from them.

As for an amp, I've seen a lot of people recommend the Sundown SFB 1000, are there any comparable amps you would recommend? Any good LOC's cheaper than the LC2i?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...