Cresendo Contralto

On the flip side, it’s nice they have entry level stuff so people who want to try it out but don’t have much money, can. I got 2 E10v3’s at the yard sale and my brother in law beats the crap out of them and hasn’t had one issue. I also like that they stand behind their products and have heard many stories of replacing blown equipment that was 100% user error. I really like Stereo Integrity as well (although I’ve seen/heard the owner not come across that great).

SSA, Digital Designs, Audiofrog, are brands I haven't looked into yet. I'll be doing some research tonight
You won’t be disappointed in any of these. The owner/creator of Audiofrog was the guru at Harman Kardon for forever. DD is a brick and mortar dealer only so that could be an issue (but solid products). SSA is obviously sold online at SSA.com.
What exactly are your goals? Or are you just looking around for the future?

You won’t be disappointed in any of these. The owner/creator of Audiofrog was the guru at Harman Kardon for forever. DD is a brick and mortar dealer only so that could be an issue (but solid products). SSA is obviously sold online at SSA.com.
What exactly are your goals? Or are you just looking around for the future?
My goals are to just have an everyday thumper. Not doing any events or competitions by any means. Just really love music and I love it to sound amazing. Nothing like pulling up to a high school kid and blowing his doors off hahaha. Hell I even have a bumpin system on my electric wheelchair (which I'm looking to upgrade as well lol). I listen to everything equally: hiphop, metal, country, classic rock.

I'm trying to decide what subs I want to go with. I've been back and forth so many times. I was originally thinking Skar EVL and the I found AB XFL. I was trying to choose between those, watching tons of YouTube reviews and searching google. I subscribed to many audio channels on YouTube to see what people were running and saw Sundown SA. Then I saw a review on the Skar VXF which looked pretty nice.

I'm not very rich but I want something that I can thump and is reliable. So far I've picked out:
HU: Kenwood Excelon DMX906S OR
Kenwood Excelon DMX706S(deciding whether I wanna drop another $100 to connect wirelessly)
Amp: Taramps Smart Line 3000w (figure whatever sub I decide on this should work for the most part)
Subs: I'm still back and forth. Do I get 2 12s on a budget? Do I run 1 12 and get something of a better grade and possibly add a second in the future? Everytime I think I have it picked out I fing something else. But at this moment I have these choices written down:
Skar VXF, AB XFL or HD or Sundown SA

Hope I answered your question hahaha

Of those 3, go with Sundown SA. IA Lethal Injections would be nice as well. That’s if you get 2. I’ve skate been a fan of single sub setups but always have limited space so that could be why lol

Of those 3, go with Sundown SA. IA Lethal Injections would be nice as well. That’s if you get 2. I’ve skate been a fan of single sub setups but always have limited space so that could be why lol
I have a 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan with a VMI conversion (side entry wheelchair ramp) very little space in back. I need to measure. And I suppose I shouldn't just put the speaker enclosure on the back seat and tie it down, although I'm tempted lol

Do I get 2 12s on a budget? Do I run 1 12
How much space do you have? The right box and correct air space and port will make or break this. As others have said basically everything by way of subs is coming out of one or two factories in China. Even the "American Made" stuff like Fi and DD buy materials from there and assemble in house. The forum boner amps are all 20+ year old circuits with virtually no innovation.
As to the OP I'd avoid Crescendo. Their subs are nothing special and their customer service has always been poor. American Bass and Soundqubed are reliable brand names for cookie cutter Chinese drivers, Sundown offers good customer support and strong resale value but their prices are also high. Fi does a lot of manufacturing in house and has some good quality and unique stuff but their build times can be intolerable. DD is competition tier stuff (if you stay with their higher end lines) but it is premium priced.
If you buy Brazilian/full bridge amp make sure you get it from a dealer with a good warranty, there's some reliability/QC issues with those and a lot of repair shops won't mess with them.

I I suppose I shouldn't just put the speaker enclosure on the back seat and tie it down,

Definitely not. You will likely want it as far into a corner as possible for best performance. Centrally located subs in large vehicles almost always perform very poorly and of course setting on a seat is asking for trouble if you get into a wreck.

Even the "American Made" stuff like Fi and DD buy materials from there and assemble in house
No DD is different sourcing than Fi. DD has the actual geninue "made in usa" label which is rare to find (you basically have to all the signficant parts USA sourced). Last time I emailed them i'm pretty sure they said basket is the only thing that's imported, everything from steel to spiders,to cone to voice coil all USA sourced

Most of the Fi audio subs if I recall correctly have the "built in USA" label which means some of its USA sourced and some of it is imported (I remember my old Fi sub the steel and voice coil where USA sourced and then everything else was imported).

"assembled in USA" or "handcrafted in usa" is the last one which means almost all to all of it imported and assembled here. Stuff like the sundown X, previous gen JL W6, Image dynamics IDQ

Definitely not. You will likely want it as far into a corner as possible for best performance. Centrally located subs in large vehicles almost always perform very poorly and of course setting on a seat is asking for trouble if you get into a wreck.
I'll get out and do some measuring in the next day or 2. Hopefully I have more space than I'm thinking. If I'm low on space, I'm at the perfect site with the perfect people to get something there.

DD has the actual geninue "made in usa" label which is rare to find (you basically have to all the signficant parts USA sourced)

I'd guarantee their lower ends are made in China and I strongly suspect some other materials are coming from there (likely magnet slugs). Not like it matters, IF (a big if) a company can somehow keep up on quality control it is certainly possible to get most stuff from China that's comparable to what is still made here. About the only thing China just can't figure out how to do properly is coils. Steel and magnets can be dubious, that's where you really need to somehow be able to make sure you're getting what you expect as they are notorious for cheaping out on those.

I'd guarantee their lower ends are made in China and I strongly suspect some other materials are coming from there (likely magnet slugs).
They just got a low end (redline series) a few years ago, up until then you literally couldn't buy a sub from them that wasn't made in USA.

I'll have to check my old emails but I remember them telling me that basket was the only thing they imported and that was why the FTC was able to give them the actual real made in USA label and not built in USA

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MuNchiezzz

CarAudio.com Recruit
MuNchiezzz
Mesquite, Nevada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from