Cresendo Contralto

I wonder if it counts if some other American company imports magnet slugs or steel from China and machines and magnetizes in house then sells them to DD?
That wouldn't surprise me for the ferrite. The steel, voice coil, cone and spiders are probably actually geniunely made from here with the basket being imported and the ferrite being machined here. Since almost all of it is US sourced there able to get the "made in usa" tag versus "built in usa"

I do know what you described was a reason why they renegotiated NAFTA this year. Mexico and Canada where importing very useful items (like steel and concrete) from China, doing a little bit of there own processing/work on it and then trying to slap there own countrys flag on it to pass it off as "not chinese" when it clearly was. The whole purpose of the agreement was to give them a favorable deal to entice better quality production and that wasn't what happened, they used it as a tool to make more profit

That wouldn't surprise me for the ferrite
That was my main thought as well. Any good sub has Precision Econowind (Florida) coils and some even have those coils to China for assembly in their "better" lines. I've seen video of DD pressing spiders in house and they make the carbon fiber stuff in house as well. They may well mold their own pulp cones as well but those can also be sourced domestically and of high quality. Trustworthy steel would also want to be sourced here.

I wonder if it counts if some other American company imports magnet slugs or steel from China and machines and magnetizes in house then sells them to DD? My gut tells me you'd be surprised at what really comes from where ultimately.
Imagine being a member here for 10+ years and thinking dd buys slugs magnetized. Oof. Im very sure dd buys ferrite overseas, as (was mentioned) its not available in the us.

I have a 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan with a VMI conversion (side entry wheelchair ramp) very little space in back. I need to measure. And I suppose I shouldn't just put the speaker enclosure on the back seat and tie it down, although I'm tempted lol

If you aren't against making your rear seat essentially useless, why not remove it and fill the space with your box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MuNchiezzz

CarAudio.com Recruit
MuNchiezzz
Mesquite, Nevada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from