Cresendo Contralto

MuNchiezzz

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Mesquite, Nevada
I ran across the Cresendo website to check out their amps they have available and ended up checking out their subs as well. Their Contralto sub looks pretty sexy and its $399 for a 12. Does anyone have experience with how they perform? I always hear about Skar, and AB, and Sundown but haven't seen much about Crescendo. Also, are their amps any good while I'm asking about them.

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
I hear so many mixed feelings about Crescendo. I’ve never ran their products though. A general consensus I see is you can get more for your money and their CS is subpar at best.

Popwarhomie

SHAMPOO IS BETTERRR
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
I wouldn’t buy from Crescendo again. Their subs don’t get talked about cause they are nothing great.

OP
M

MuNchiezzz

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Mesquite, Nevada
Makes me wonder about others I've found now...
Massive Audio Hippo and Hippo XL

Memphis Audio M6 and Mojo

Incriminator Lethal Injection and Death Row

Synergy WFO2K

Resilient Sounds Onyx and Platnum

OP
M

MuNchiezzz

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Mesquite, Nevada
Usually all you see is Skar and American Bass and Sundown. I was thinking there has to be more "GOOD" brands. Of course theres the DC Audio and Fi. I was excited about PSI until I heard they ****** as well. And I think the brand names are just overrated and you're paying for the name: MTX, Kicker, ect.

Popwarhomie

SHAMPOO IS BETTERRR
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Skar sucks too.

Sundown
Fi
SSA
IA

Sundown is my personal top choice as they are constantly doing R&D to improve their products.

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
That’s what I like about Incriminator as well. They actually put money into R&D. I really like that Sundown sells the failed QC equipment as well. I have had good luck with that route.

mastershake575

Senior VIP Member
Mar 11, 2015
Dallas
Usually all you see is Skar and American Bass and Sundown. I was thinking there has to be more "GOOD" brands.
Those brands are good not great. There popular because they run on usually proven designs and offer decent performance but are still mass produced overseas so the price is cost effective (especially if your new or are chasing cone space aka running tons of subs). Soundqubed is another brand that's like those 3

The next step up from these 3 brands are Great brands like Fi, SSA, Digital Designs, Audiofrog, Incriminator.........ect

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
I’d throw Sundown in there as a great brand. As popwar said, they do a lot of R&D and push the envelope. They have pretty good CS as well.

mastershake575

Senior VIP Member
Mar 11, 2015
Dallas
Sundown to me is fringe but I'd put them at the upper end of good (especially since i'm not a huge fan of there entry level subs)

Last edited:

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
On the flip side, it’s nice they have entry level stuff so people who want to try it out but don’t have much money, can. I got 2 E10v3’s at the yard sale and my brother in law beats the crap out of them and hasn’t had one issue. I also like that they stand behind their products and have heard many stories of replacing blown equipment that was 100% user error. I really like Stereo Integrity as well (although I’ve seen/heard the owner not come across that great).

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
SSA, Digital Designs, Audiofrog, are brands I haven't looked into yet. I'll be doing some research tonight
You won’t be disappointed in any of these. The owner/creator of Audiofrog was the guru at Harman Kardon for forever. DD is a brick and mortar dealer only so that could be an issue (but solid products). SSA is obviously sold online at SSA.com.
What exactly are your goals? Or are you just looking around for the future?

OP
M

MuNchiezzz

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Mesquite, Nevada
You won’t be disappointed in any of these. The owner/creator of Audiofrog was the guru at Harman Kardon for forever. DD is a brick and mortar dealer only so that could be an issue (but solid products). SSA is obviously sold online at SSA.com.
What exactly are your goals? Or are you just looking around for the future?
My goals are to just have an everyday thumper. Not doing any events or competitions by any means. Just really love music and I love it to sound amazing. Nothing like pulling up to a high school kid and blowing his doors off hahaha. Hell I even have a bumpin system on my electric wheelchair (which I'm looking to upgrade as well lol). I listen to everything equally: hiphop, metal, country, classic rock.

I'm trying to decide what subs I want to go with. I've been back and forth so many times. I was originally thinking Skar EVL and the I found AB XFL. I was trying to choose between those, watching tons of YouTube reviews and searching google. I subscribed to many audio channels on YouTube to see what people were running and saw Sundown SA. Then I saw a review on the Skar VXF which looked pretty nice.

I'm not very rich but I want something that I can thump and is reliable. So far I've picked out:
HU: Kenwood Excelon DMX906S OR
Kenwood Excelon DMX706S(deciding whether I wanna drop another $100 to connect wirelessly)
Amp: Taramps Smart Line 3000w (figure whatever sub I decide on this should work for the most part)
Subs: I'm still back and forth. Do I get 2 12s on a budget? Do I run 1 12 and get something of a better grade and possibly add a second in the future? Everytime I think I have it picked out I fing something else. But at this moment I have these choices written down:
Skar VXF, AB XFL or HD or Sundown SA

Hope I answered your question hahaha

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Of those 3, go with Sundown SA. IA Lethal Injections would be nice as well. That’s if you get 2. I’ve skate been a fan of single sub setups but always have limited space so that could be why lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Trending Topics