crazy old school system!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

bostonkid92
10+ year member

i was lucky enough to find this and get it...

3 12" crystal cmpx2's

kicker zr1000

kicker zr460

custom fiberglass box

6 mb quart crossovers

2 4" mb quart 2 way speakers

2 1" mb quart tweeters

alpine 6 cd changer

alpine xm radio

2 precision power capacitors

distribution blocks

0 gauge wire

for those who have dealt with a kicker zr1000, zr460 or crystal cmpx2, how did you like it? and is there any tips you'd give on using it? like i guess the zr1000 is not 1 ohm stable. that is very helpful info. anything else? the box is sealed and is maybe 4 cubes with one common chamber. does around 1 cube per sub sealed sound okay?

19w6yr.jpg

5ammaq.jpg

2sbla8i.jpg

I don't know much about the crystals but, can tell you they are probably designed by tc sounds since they used to own crystal. The kicker on the other hand is ran at 2 ohms will put out 1200+ watts on good voltage and although the description doesn't say 1 ohm stable it can be ran down there and put out some serious power. The zr1000 is a very stout amp but, it is a voltage hog.

yeahh i heard they are voltage hogs. excellent amps from the reviews i read before i picked it all up. i might sell them but idk just yet. thank you for your interest and if i do end up selling i will let you know. i'd rather do it locally but obviously that won't happen with us. i will let you know if i end up wanting to ship and everything though

i just found the manual online and i guess it can work in a cube sealed. i cannot wait to hear these subs. they are by far the sexiest subwoofers i have ever held haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.