SOLD Crazy cheap Stinger SPV70s $75 and SP1700s $125

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumpin buick
5,000+ posts

Science is everything
I just picked up 6 of these from a shop not to far from me. The shop owner has roughly 40 of them left and also about the same amount of SP1700s. I only purchased the SPV70s because that was all I needed and have pics of some here for everyone but I saw some SP1700s and they looked near flawless.

Some of the batteries were slightly used but show no signs other than some possible scratches on the black metal holder. Other than that they are perfect. The shop owner does not go to forums due to his busy schedule but has asked me to see if anyone else would be interested in them.

$75 each = SPV70

$125 each = SP1700

Prices do not include shipping. Please try and find quotes on your own if possible as I do not plan on getting a hundred people quotes. The batts weigh roughly 60lbs and the box dimensions are close to 16x8x10. If anyone has any questions please let me know. I am not in this to make a profit as I am selling these batts for what he sold mine to me for. The owner just said if I can sell some for him he will help me out with some accessories if needed. Thanks

IMG_3098.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

Update on quantities left:

SPV70s: Currently gone, unless Fred can find more laying around

SP1700s: Currently 6 left but that number is going down fast.

Korn4Life,

Is the dent serious enough that you are worried about it? UPS tends to be kinda rough on these since they are really freakin' heavy. I shipped them all insured, so I can file a claim with UPS if you want.

I get them in with minor corner damage to a few unless I order a whole pallet and they ship them on a semi.

Also somebody asked about deals on SPV35. The reason I have such a great deal on the 70's and 1700's is that I had a project that we built for a client, they used it for a few months and them had me refit it with all new batts and stuff to get it ready for next year. So I ended up with a bunch of really nice used batteries.

The smaller ones you would be buying new. I can get you a deal on them, but the shipping is going to eat up a lot of it. You are better buying those locally. There is not a lot of markup on batteries so it may be cheaper to get one locally.

If you guys are looking at new Stinger batteries (SPV35, 44, SP1000, 1500) you should buy them real soon. I just got advance notice that Stinger will have some price increases the end of this month due to the cost of lead, copper, and other metals rising. So roll on down to your local Stinger guy and get them before the price goes up.

The inside scoop here: the cost of wire and distro blocks has almost tripled at wholesale in the last 18 months or so. Dealers are making a lot less markup on these items than they used to. We couldn't triple the cost to you, that would be craxy, so we are just eating most of the increase. That's why you don't find wire on sale much anymore.

It has also created a lot of fraud online. I have seen many folks come in with "4 gauge" kits that are really 8-9 ga with a really thick plastic jacket. Or it's CCA copper clad aluminum wire. Cheaper but conducts 30% less than the same size copper. Plus it can cause hot connections, it's nearly illegal in building construction now because of the amount of fires caused by aluminum wiring. Be careful of both of these, I just hate seeing guys get cheated like that. Buy it local if you can, you can see what you are getting. And buy a trusted brand name, not some Chinese swap meet crap you never heard of before.

Fred Stay Tuned

staytunedaudio.com

I just got my spv70's today and they were in the original packaging (whitch is pretty good I might add) and were like new in appearence. One tested at 12.9 volts and the other at 12.7 volts. I load tested them at 120 amps of actual current measured with a good Fluke current clamp and a Fluke 88 dmm. One of them measured 11.8 volts with load and the other measured 11.6 volts. I don't know what they are supposed to do at 120 amps, but I'd say they are good batteries for the money. I did notice though that the bottom of one of the boxes was wet, but I could not see any visible dammage to the battery. It hasn't rained here in a while, so I'm not sure if the battery leaked somehow, or if UPS somehow got it wet. Anyway, it still seems to test ok, so I probably shouldn't worry about it. Thanks bumpinbuick.

Well, now that my fingers are burning a bit, I'm pretty sure that the battery in the wet box did leak some acid. I thought AGM batteries weren't supposed to be able to leak. What gives? Should I be concerned about it? UPS just left these on my front porch while I was at work, so if there is a problem, will I be able to get UPS to do anything about it? I'd be willing to bet that there wasn't anything at all wrong with this battery until United Package Smashers got their hands on it.

Well, now that my fingers are burning a bit, I'm pretty sure that the battery in the wet box did leak some acid. I thought AGM batteries weren't supposed to be able to leak. What gives? Should I be concerned about it? UPS just left these on my front porch while I was at work, so if there is a problem, will I be able to get UPS to do anything about it? I'd be willing to bet that there wasn't anything at all wrong with this battery until United Package Smashers got their hands on it.
I will make sure Fred is aware of this and we willl make sure to file a claim with UPS. You will either get a new one or your money back. Sorry to hear that, sounds like UPS messed it up cause im pretty sure Fred would have noiticed battery acid leaking around his shop. So a claim will be started

I will make sure Fred is aware of this and we willl make sure to file a claim with UPS. You will either get a new one or your money back. Sorry to hear that, sounds like UPS messed it up cause im pretty sure Fred would have noiticed battery acid leaking around his shop. So a claim will be started
The crazy thing is, I can't see anything wrong with it, and it still checks out good electricly, so I don't know what to make of it. Anyway, let me know what I should do. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...