crashed my car...

I call BS on going 10-15mph. Or, you were doing that speed and tried to whip the rear end out. Oil or not, at 15mph, hell double that, you are not out of no where going to fish tail and lose control while going straight for no reason.

I'll join too.. here's a crash.

l_1ff5fb9a680148b3b5e8d2633088d3de.jpg

l_b2a9889ac5e14e90988ecb6482bd8583.jpg

Thanks to the stupidity of another driver not watching the road.

Dang OP, you call that a wreck?
This is what happens when a drunk driver isn't paying attention:

Car-Front.jpg

Drivers_Side.jpg

The insurance adjuster stopped tallying up the damage at $18,500 because he said I also needed a new engine and transmission and that would have put the cost of the repair at more than the cost of the car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Tell the insurance adjuster to get a new prescription for his eyes

We have fixed cars way more fucked up then that. And I do mean way moree

Even if there is frame damage I'd say $3500 - 4000 max to fix.

I don't think you realize how slow 10-15 mph is. I doubt you could have spun out going that slow. You were probably going faster and just didn't realize it until you crashed.

Oil or not, I HIGHLY doubt you were driving along nice and slow at 10mph and you just happen to slide across three lanes while still damaging your car like that.

You act as if vegas is the only place where oil comes up when it rains, very poor defense. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

There's no way that 10-15mph accident will do that unless you've got that much stress on your axle already from the suspension modifications. I can say if you have chrome 22" Gionvanni rims they probably weigh in with tires around what 50-55lb per corner compared to the stock weight on that car is probably 1/2 that or at least 15lb lighter. Throw in if you lowered the car and left stock parts on the rest of the car that'll help bust things easier too. Either way, I don't think that 10-15 will do that, I snapped my rear axle on my GMC Jimmy back when I was in high school and dumb enough to try and throw out the rear end during the rain. I took a turn at 25mph and lost control and snapped the axle but we're talking about my going 25mpg and then hydroplaning almost 360 degrees to snap the rear axle. Even then though it didn't fully snap it just bent the crap out of axle.

What I don't get is how the hell you did that on a off ramp and caused no damage to the body of the car or seemingly the rim? How the hell do you snap suspension without hurting the rims?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Tell the insurance adjuster to get a new prescription for his eyes

We have fixed cars way more fucked up then that. And I do mean way moree

Even if there is frame damage I'd say $3500 - 4000 max to fix.
The wrecker yard wanted to buy it to fix a totaled 2006 that was crashed on the rear end. The transmission was FUBAR though because the 6 speed wouldn't go into first gear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I do feel sorry for anyone who purchased it for the glass. They probably were cursing me out as they were scraping the tint off:laugh:

I call BS on going 10-15mph. Or, you were doing that speed and tried to whip the rear end out. Oil or not, at 15mph, hell double that, you are not out of no where going to fish tail and lose control while going straight for no reason.
I'll join too.. here's a crash.

l_1ff5fb9a680148b3b5e8d2633088d3de.jpg

l_b2a9889ac5e14e90988ecb6482bd8583.jpg

Thanks to the stupidity of another driver not watching the road.
I wasn't going straight, its an off ramp that transitions from US-95 S to I-15 S. The highways cross at about an 45 degree angle, so the ramp is a sharp turn, that also spirals down to the lower highway. I wasn't just driving straight and spun, that would be retarded. That probably why you people think I cant drive, I have a commercial license, and I ride a motorcycle, I think can drive.

What I don't get is how the hell you did that on a off ramp and caused no damage to the body of the car or seemingly the rim? How the hell do you snap suspension without hurting the rims?

It's a highway barrier, if you hit them they are designed to turn you car away from the barrier. The barrier is highly sloped so it lifts the car a little, but the slope forces the wheel to turn. I hit with the rear wheel first and I have high bumpers so the just bent but its plastic so it goes right back into its shape. My rim may be bent a little, but that's difference between Giovanna/Asanti/TIS type wheel vs an off-brand. The load they are engineered to take is much higher so it transferred the energy to the suspension, and the parts that were engineered to break, did. Its like the suspension's crumple zone.

Yes b/c one chrome rim is different than another....next you're going to tell me that buying Monster cable over KnuKonceptz makes my speakers sound better....

Either way glad you're ok it seems but I've driven through off ramps in the Ice in a rwd SS camaro and managed to not put it into the wall. So either a) you can't drive or b) you were going 2-3 times the speed you just said you were.

Yes b/c one chrome rim is different than another....next you're going to tell me that buying Monster cable over KnuKonceptz makes my speakers sound better....
Either way glad you're ok it seems but I've driven through off ramps in the Ice in a rwd SS camaro and managed to not put it into the wall. So either a) you can't drive or b) you were going 2-3 times the speed you just said you were.

or c) I was driving on a spiraling sloped oil covered effin road. Anyone know how heavy a Charger is?

You're not supporting 5000lbs with your cable. It's the metal they, all metal isnt the same I'm sure you know. Stronger metals cost more, softer metals are cheaper. So is older rim making equipment the cheaper companies use, vs newer safer methods. Its all engineering. It funny how people just talk about something they know nothing about. You haven't seen the ramp I'm taking about, and you might have not even driven in Vegas. What is it to you anyways?

Argh, when I was in Vegas for a conference last year it rained one of the days I was there and it was like Armageddon on the highway. I've never seen so many rear-endings in my life before! I've also never seen so many riced out vehicles in one place either. The best was an old Eclipse that had a triple stack wing on the back:laugh:

Argh, when I was in Vegas for a conference last year it rained one of the days I was there and it was like Armageddon on the highway. I've never seen so many rear-endings in my life before! I've also never seen so many riced out vehicles in one place either. The best was an old Eclipse that had a triple stack wing on the back:laugh:
Exactly so you know what I'm talking about.

HAHA no offense, but those are usually the Mexicans. I don't mean that as in Mexicans have jacked cars, I mean as in the Mexicans, the one from Mexico. Its their culture here really, Ive seen a 91-92 Taurus spray painted yellow and blue with a red supra wing. The hubcaps were half yellow half blue. Nuts...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.