crashed my car...

Wow that is cheap. After my car wreck in October 2007, I went searching for a replacement car. I settled on the 2006 Mustang GT because I got it for $22,500 with 28,000 miles on the odometer. I was also looking at a Charger SRT8, and those yahoos wanted $33,000 for a 2006 Charger SRT8 with 40k on the odometer... The sad thing is I talked them down from $36,500 on the Charger:wow: The salesman was telling me "It is the rare grabber orange edition".. bwhahahahaha, like that was going to influence my decision!
Some people it would but not most. Wow 22,500 for a 06' GT with 28k? I guess it depends when you bought, they've got like 200 locally on autotrader most at dealerships between 18,200 and 20k. I can't believe how cheap those v8's are going for now, I remember when my ex's mom got her 5 speed GT they paid like 38k for it or whatever sticker was. 6 months later gas prices started skyrocketing and they were offering 10k off GT's at the same dealership.

Some people it would but not most. Wow 22,500 for a 06' GT with 28k? I guess it depends when you bought, they've got like 200 locally on autotrader most at dealerships between 18,200 and 20k. I can't believe how cheap those v8's are going for now, I remember when my ex's mom got her 5 speed GT they paid like 38k for it or whatever sticker was. 6 months later gas prices started skyrocketing and they were offering 10k off GT's at the same dealership.
This was in October 2007 when I purchased the 2006 Mustang GT and kbb/edmunds had it priced @ 24-26k at that time. The local Ford Stealership was still charging their "I'm on crack" sticker price for the GT AND 15k over sticker for the Shelby GT 500. Hell, one of my friends paid nearly 80k for his Shelby GT 500 then took a 26k loss when he sold it one year later.... What a moron!

The worst was another used car dealership that wanted $26k for a 2003 Nissan 350z that had 80,000 miles on the odometer! They were a tad bit "proud" of that vehicle since the blue book was only 16k:wow: They also had a USED Imprezza WRX STi that was priced higher than the sticker of a new one. I tore up that sales associates card right in front of her face telling her there was no way in hell I was buying a car from them!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif With the age of the internet, do they think that people won't look this stuff up? Hell, I was looking at kbb.com from my AT&T tilt as I was walking around their lot!

ETA: I really wanted a WS6 or a Camaro SS, but none were to be found locally at that time. A friend of mine sold his 2002, supercharged, 650 RWHP, Camaro SS three weeks AFTER I purchased the Mustang //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Even worse, he would have sold it to me for $15k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif :( //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Yeah I did that with CarMax. They had an S4 on the lot that I wanted and a 350Z that i really wanted as well but when they said "yeah the trade in on your car is only 8,500" i almost wanted to yell at them but I waited until I saw the price of the S4 at $31,900 for an 05' S4 with right around 45,000 miles on it. I then asked for the manager and I asked them if part of their no haggle pricing was to rip the customer off? He didn't understand so I showed him the kbb page value of an 05' S4 with those miles and options at 20-23 and the value of my car was between 15-17 and asked him to explain why my car was worth 1/2 the trade in value according to them but the S4 was worth %50 more than the value according to KBB. He didn't have a response to I just left. I'll never send anyone I know ever to CarMax.

I can't ever anyone witty to say but that's just me. I wish I could someone witty like you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.
LOL edited

Not to mention I did a quick search of SRT8's in or around austin for 06' models and found several between 22-24k. Not nearly as bad as you thought but my god if my 50k car was worth 1/2 that in 3 years I'd be pissed.
06 SRT8 can be had for $20-25k here, but I meant new since I bought My car new in 06, and SRT8s were $50k new then and i definitely couldn't afford a $50k car at 21. Well most american cars depreciate fast, especially Ford and Dodge. You can get a 05-06 Gt for as low as $12k in Vegas....

Exactly, its snows where you live. Which means your car is prepared for that kind of weather. There IS NO weather here, just heat or no heat. You my friend are a tool, I posted this to share my grief, and you and the other A holes just decided everyone need your two cents about something you know nothing about. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif If I lived where is snowed I would just take my four-wheel-drive SUV you dumbass and not my RWD V8. Chargers with lambos get plenty love here, and thats all that matters, what about your ride? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif
What the hell is a "liscene" anyways?
Sorry bro but I have a Charger and that aint no V8 lol.....I have never seen a R/T, Daytona, SRT-8 with a front fascia and no foglights lol....Correct me if I am wrong. Anyway goodluck on the repairs. Yea the boi's of Chargerforums and LXforums are good people. Glad they were able to help you out. Just learn from your mistakes and take it east next time. Thank god it wasn't anything worse. Goodluck man.

Sorry bro but I have a Charger and that aint no V8 lol.....I have never seen a R/T, Daytona, SRT-8 with a front fascia and no foglights lol....Correct me if I am wrong. Anyway goodluck on the repairs. Yea the boi's of Chargerforums and LXforums are good people. Glad they were able to help you out. Just learn from your mistakes and take it east next time. Thank god it wasn't anything worse. Goodluck man.
Conversion, motor/tranny/ecu w 28k miles from from midwest transmission for $3200, Comp XFI cam and JBA headers before drop-in, diablo-tune. about $5700 total. I could have traded it in but its almost paid off and I have alot of of money into it, and I like it. Its still a V6 for insurance though which is great. Car is done, body work was $400, mexicans did a badass job too ( I love Mexicans here, prices are so much cheaper). But now I think I wanna take all the amps/subs/tvs out, do a little SQ install, put some money into a good suspension, maybe Tein, paint it flat black, and throw some black 22" Vipers on it. I feel I'm never done.....

No I wasn't jackass, it Las Vegas and it doesn't rain at all, when it does the oil comes up, its a huge problem, I was doing 10-15 mph....
I was truly blessed was a high-traffic ramp connecting I-15 and Us-95. That was hundred of cars, I slid across three lanes and didn't hit anyone...
Doing 15? Did you panic or something?

So you were on a high traffic ramp and pulling onto a highway...... when was the last time anyone pulls onto a highway doing 15mph? I drive in snow, sun, rain like there is a constant flood and have no problems at all with my driving, even with oil, fuel and whatever other crap is on the road.

So you were on a high traffic ramp and pulling onto a highway...... when was the last time anyone pulls onto a highway doing 15mph? I drive in snow, sun, rain like there is a constant flood and have no problems at all with my driving, even with oil, fuel and whatever other crap is on the road.
The ramp connects two major highway, I was probably going faster, but not that much because because there were alot of cars out, rush hour.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

KyngHype

10+ year member
Bass head to SQ convert
KyngHype
Las Vegas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date