crackling speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

zjltwins85
10+ year member

Elon, NC
Hey,

I drive a 98 avalon and have factory speakers, a JVC=kx980 HU and an 12' Infinity Reference with a kicker 300.2 amp. I have had this system installed for aobut 2 months and everything is working fine. About 2 weeks ago, I was driving and I turned the volume up and all of the sudden the speakers started crackling and popping for no reason. I turned them off and turned it back on but it didn't fix it. I can turn the HU to about 12 out of 50 before the crackling starts again, but I'd like to know if anyone has any ideas of how I can return to my original sound. The sub works fine.

What would cause this ? Let me know and I appreciate the input.

~Zach

if i recall those have a factory amp...the harness hooks up via the rca outputs on the deck. this could mean bad rca outputs on the deck (the metal on the rcas could be touching metal too. electrical tape fixxes that) or a bad factory amp. last but not least bad speakers. but if its all the speakers id tend to believe it is due to the rcas or amp

Yeah i think the RCAs are touching,b/c i've managed to isolate the crackling to the back two, but i haven't had a chance to take the head unit out and fix it. Thanks for the advice though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.