Crackling in my speakers?

jchulski19

I'm getting a bunch of crackling and werid noises coming from my speakers at high volumes mainly in the higher frequency range. I have 6" rockford fosgates in the front and back doors and i have a 4 channel rockford fosgate amp running all 4 of the speakers. i thought i had the gain set too high but when i lowered it i was still getting these weird noises i dont know if its the speakers that are blown or if its the amp. i lowered the bass on the head unit and it went away a little bit but its still there and im all out of ideas on what it could be does anybody have any ideas

what do you mean resseting the amp?? just unplug the power wire and plug it back in? also turn th HU down a few notches on volume? it was never doing it before when i had it that loud it just started doing it about a week ago.

Put the low pass filter on the 4 channel to around 100hz and see if it makes a difference. You may have blown your speakers or they arent handling the bass well.

i have the 4 channel on high pass but its preset to 100hz i think. also the wire to the left front door speaker keeps getting severed by the window when i roll it down and it has gotten so short that I cant keep splicing into it unless i have to run entirely brand new speaker wire which i want to avoid

runn new wire and use zip ties for gods sake! is the crackling always present? disconnect all speakers get a working test speaker and see if

the noise is still there. a shorted speaker wire will cause it to make a crackling sound, sometimes.

no the noise is not always there. I plan on running new wire but i need to find out how to get my outside door panel off otherwise i cant run the new wire thru the conduit. also the noise only seems to be coming from the fron speaker

outside door panel? the only door panels i know are on the inside. there is a rubber boot in between the door hinges, run the wire through there. are they component 6.5?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.