Covering door holes make a big difference?

Go read about infinite baffle so you understand why this is actually necessary for a proper installation of mid-basses in doors...

Also basically seal any vent from inside the door panel into the cabin and make absolutely sure the mid is installed where it cannot cause the sheet metal to vibrate...

As for the "impossible hole" to fill I guarantee you can figure some way out... post a pic if needed..

Ok, I have the inner and outer doors covered with fat mat. I want to cover the big holes with something. The sheet metal at Home Depot seems flexible. Will 1.4 inch MDF be ok?

Also, where do I get ensolite and the foam pad to put right behind the mid?

I used 1/4" MDF to fill my holes and worked wonderfully. I also bought the foam covers for the speakers but they sound like ****. I cut out the back and bottom and it sounds much better. I bought the XTC Baffles from crutchfield for like $12 or something.

ok do you guys think i should deaden over this?

door.jpg

I have started the process of deadening the doors already. All holes are covered except the one with the Styrofoam in them. It sits pretty tight in there and it sits in grooves.

I dont have any current pics since i have started the deadening. I already removed the plastic covering the foam.

2000 Monte Carlo.

thoughts?

ok do you guys think i should deaden over this?
door.jpg

I have started the process of deadening the doors already. All holes are covered except the one with the Styrofoam in them. It sits pretty tight in there and it sits in grooves.

I dont have any current pics since i have started the deadening. I already removed the plastic covering the foam.

2000 Monte Carlo.

thoughts?
Weird man i just started sound deadening my 04 monte this weekend got about half done(driver door and trunk lid) I just tore out that styrofoam. Let me know how it works out for you. I'll be finishing mine this weekend

Weird man i just started sound deadening my 04 monte this weekend got about half done(driver door and trunk lid) I just tore out that styrofoam. Let me know how it works out for you. I'll be finishing mine this weekend
yeah id like to finish mine this weekend but its just to **** hot. I'll let ya know after i finish it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.