coustic amps and comp VR's

Participant count
  • Participant list

lil roberto
10+ year member

ohio
allright first i want to know what you guys think about the coustic amps do they power close to what the say and how will they last me a long time. Second would the coustic amp 600Se be good to power two comp VR 12"s at 2 Ohms.

Thanks for your help,

Roberto

the coustic amps are exactly like the 1999 MTX Thunder amps... When Mitek bought Coustic, they put the retired thunder amp boards into the coustic cases.... the 600 se will do almost 900 watts into 4 ohm mono.. and will shove VR's with ease...

Loyd L.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

How I would approach it is install your new amplifier and start using it. Install a voltage gauge and if you see your voltage lowering then add...
Additinally, no need to reference "max" anything as those specs are useless. Most of know how to look at specs for a given speaker, amp, HU, etc...
Hello all. Used to come on these forum quite a bit. I used to compete in IASCA MECA etc. and placed 1st 2x with this setup. Anyway this is my baby...
You don't need two amps. The speakers come with crossovers to help protect the tweeters.
Perhaps you changed something without mentioning it here? Maybe a loose turn on line? I dunno man...but we'll take it. Hopefully it keeps working. 👍

About this thread

lil roberto

10+ year member
lil roberto
ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from