couple issues I cant figure out.

measured again port is exactly 4 wide, 17.5 tall. box dimensions are 41.3 wide, 19 high, and 19.5 deep. its a double baffle box bought it off a homie for a good price

By ESP you mean using a separate active crossover instead of the active crossovers built into the 80PRS right? Wish you guys could just hear the **** thing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
no that was short for especially sorry.

6 cubes is way to big. 4.25 tuned to 28 would do fine not to mention that 4.5x18.5 is 82in^2 which is probably about 20 too much. it may be causing a very narrow passband as well. i think the combination of box size port are and tune is hurting you. i think that if you just made the port 12 inches longer it would help out a good bit..

I suspect the ground may be the issue here. While the ground connection may be solid, some chassis spots can be bad and cause these kinds of problems. Try relocating your ground.

I suspect the ground may be the issue here. While the ground connection may be solid, some chassis spots can be bad and cause these kinds of problems. Try relocating your ground.
Theres no other logical place to ground amps to in my trunk. All I could do is move the ground over to a different spot on the same piece of metal

box/port too big "should" be a clanking sound if subs are bottoming out. Popping sounds more like bad clipping, turn down gain some and see what happens. Just went thru the same issue helping a team mate. He used DD-1 to set 2 TFE's on 8 18's....40/50hz clean as can be, 30hz popping/sputtering cuz they were clipped to death at that freq. Had to lower sub level 8 clicks.....why I personally don't use DD-1 junk....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.