cost of gas

Hopefully it will be a while before the mandatory $1 a gallon gas tax that Biden wants to imply will go in effect ...

My gas prices under Obama before Trump took office. This is such a tired subject. February 3rd, 2016, 5:31 a.m.
Screenshot_20210111-222935_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210111-222955_Gallery.jpg

We have a massive over supply of oil right now. Gas prices across the country vary, with one area being 2.50 another can be as high as 4.00. Also the last refinery was built in 1976, I know because my dad helped build it and then stayed there till he retired. Everyone "assumes" the reason why there hasn't been another refinery built is because of the EPA. I can tell you right now that is a crock of you know what. Oil Companies do NOT want to build more refineries because that means more capacity to refine a barrel of oil which then brings down the price. A price of a Barrel of Oil has been running 10-15 dollars for awhile now. Yet gas prices here where I am are at 2.15 a gallon for 87. Oil Tankers are sitting in ports for around 3-6 months before being off-loaded for trucking to the refinery. A barrel of oil makes 42 gallons of Gasoline PLUS a ton of by-products. One such by-product is something called "Coke". It is a black tar like substance and there is only a couple refineries that have a "coker" unit at them. Mobil Oil in Elwood, IL where my dad worked was one. ONE SMALL BARGE was worth around 10-14 Million Dollars! Now take that and times it by on average 5-10 Barges a week being sent out. That is BIG Money every week for Mobil Oil. If you REALLY Saw what Mobil/Exxon Makes every year and what they report to the Public, trust me it is two different numbers,lol. Oil Companies want that price higher regardless of what Administration is in there be it Democrat or Republican, it makes NO DIFFERENCE to them! They are still going to make money hand over fist every day. Think about it a barrel of oil was what over 50 dollars approaching in some instances 100 dollars and yet Gasoline was around 4 dollar a gallon here when that happened. Now it is back down to what it was in the 1990's and yet we still have it at 2.15 a gallon. It isn't all the Government or Taxes or so called Trade Deals. These guys are raking it in while lying to everyone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...