Cops and Bass ?

DJSlowfets

Senior VIP Member
CA
What rights do I have ? Other than the typical " I dont consent to searches of my person or private property" mainly my concern is i just want to be left alone if I like my music loud I like it loud let me damage my hearing, yes I understand not everyone else wants to hear it but I am ALWAYS respectful when and where I play..Example was traveling down a highway at 55mph and an officer had some guy pulled over i slowed down cautiously and was bumping past he called another squad car to pull me over he was cool about it but told me to keep it down lol, for future reference is there anything you can say or do to make them not be able able to prove it was in fact you bumping? An option I was thing would be yank my detachable face plate off and put it under my seat and tell him no consent of my person or property and then say "officer it couldnt of been me look someone stole my radio" or something like that lol. If you have any ideas or advice that would be great //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What rights do I have ? Other than the typical " I dont consent to searches of my person or private property" mainly my concern is i just want to be left alone if I like my music loud I like it loud let me damage my hearing, yes I understand not everyone else wants to hear it but I am ALWAYS respectful when and where I play..Example was traveling down a highway at 55mph and an officer had some guy pulled over i slowed down cautiously and was bumping past he called another squad car to pull me over he was cool about it but told me to keep it down lol, for future reference is there anything you can say or do to make them not be able able to prove it was in fact you bumping? An option I was thing would be yank my detachable face plate off and put it under my seat and tell him no consent of my person or property and then say "officer it couldnt of been me look someone stole my radio" or something like that lol. If you have any ideas or advice that would be great //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Well in court of law. A cops word is a very trusted thing. If they say it was you. Chances are your fucked. The law as far as i know is if they can hear you more than 60 ft away or you are loud enough that you or others cant hear an emergency vehicle(ambulance, firetruck). Then they can give you a ticket. There is also public nuisance and prob more. Usually cops have numerous difference options. If they want to prosecute you. They will find a way.

They cant search your car without consent or a warrant so your fine there although i believe there is a clause in the law of something like...what they can see is still permissible. like if they can see a gun in your car, then can search your car. If they can see huge subwoofers in the back. They still cant search you but that pretty much seals your deal. you cant walk into court and say it wasnt you.

i have a gain attentuation knob(bass knob) for my sub amp for that exact reason. Chances are its bass they are hearing. You can bump as much as you want, its the bass they will hear. you turn down the bass knob real quick(i do this in traffic or going by cops in cities) and youll be just fine.

Always respectful when and where you play... Yet you have it on full tilt slowly driving by a cop pulling someone over? I normally hit the mute or some radios have auto quiet button where it turns radio down to 20%.

Learn to step on the gas.

Cops not gonna jump in his car just to pull you over. If he has someone and your not causing a huge panic then just speed past.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

You are using a loud PA system for non emergency purposes and thats illegal, its a tixket $237 ticket out here in socal i got one a few months back. Not disturbing the piece or amything but using a loud speaker system when i had no emergency. Dont be a **** and he wont search your car. A cop actually unmounted my friends subs because he was being a **** and a smart *** and thats enough for "resonable suspicion" or whatever so they searched the **** out of his car.

It varies from state to state and city to city. It's a noise violation if it can be heard from 50ft away where I live. You can hear a stock system from 50ft if its cranked and you're cruising with the windows down.

I've always only "bumped" in non residential areas and at times I didn't think it would be disturbing anyone. Funny thing is, the only time I was pulled over for loud music was on a highway doing 55-60 mph with absolutely no one around. (Except the cop)

^^This.

Check with local laws 1st. Some places have a noise ordinances....just like @TaylorFade avatar :)

Or just get rid of your stereo if your that worried.

If I see a cop ahead of me during the daytime and I got my stereo up loud, I usually turn it down a bit.

I've always called lc-1's cop knobs for that very reason. They usually won't say anything about loud highs but bass they don't like.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I pull up next to cops ALL the time blasting music, even downright nasty music that you wouldn't want your kids listening to. I have not been pulled over once. It's not that I'm intentionally doing it to be a bother, I just want to listen to the music at that level.

here's the thing though, I'm in FL where I know they can't do anything and it's wonderful. most of the time someone with a rice burner is going to be louder at a distance than a system anyway, unless you're one of the few hitting 145db+ on music, and i'd rather someone blast music than listen to a tiny 4 cylinder getting loud in all the wrong ways. don't take this as a standard for all of FL, i think there are some counties that still enforce loud music ordinances but I haven't had a problem. Obviously there's exceptions to the law such as bumping near a hospital and other sensitive areas.

Florida Supreme Court strikes down loud car stereo law - FOX 35 News Orlando

i agree with everybody....

when i see a cop ( and i have a cop detector lol and yes it works great ) i turn my shitt down.

why give them a reason to full you over.......

dont ...........

i have enuff to worry about ( meaning my truck. lowered,, tire stick out from body,, 5% window tint every were,, tint half way down my windshield.. ect.. lol

*** da police.
I got a $120 speeding ticket recently. No system in my car right now, but I always turn it down when going past cops.
Great story bro...but you don't mind speeding past them.

No good example from this youngin.

AFAIK most noise ordinances are town or county level.

If you're being an arsehole you'll get pulled over. If the cop is bored he'll try to search you. There is virtually nothing you can do to avoid being searched if they really want to search you. They can say they smelled drugs, they saw you throw something under the seat, or even bring a dog and say the dog smelled drugs (not like the dog will take the witness stand to say whether he did or didn't)... none of these PC excuses can you really disprove in court.

Don't be an arsehole and don't break the law or have illegal stuff in your car and this becomes far less of a concern. Oddly enough it's rarely people that are actually loud who seem to have this sort of trouble.

OH and if you're routinely dealing with police this video should be informative and helpful with ideas of how to handle the situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR465HoCWFQ

Great story bro...but you don't mind speeding past them.
No good example from this youngin.
Didn't see him and the spot he got me at was stupid. If you knew this area, you'd agree. It was leaving town where there were no houses, and it changed from 45 to 55. He got me in the 45 going 57. There were other cars in front of me going the same speed too, which pisses me off

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.