cool lil slap for a 1990 aerostar

malc-ez
10+ year member

yuup so i dont post alot on here and i dont know alot about car audio but i know some basics. i shouldve done more research before trying this out but who cares i got the sub for free from my friend, she had it sittin in her garage collected dust n all that good stuff, so i took it off her hands for her and i decided to try and build my first box. and i got a wcc-5001 for $50 off my potna, and i hookd everything up today and it slaps pretty cool. The sub is an MTX Thunder 7000.

after a couple minutes of slappin my battery didnt wanna take it anymore but its coo cuz i needin a new one anyway this one was 100 watts below plus it was worth it off top.

And i would like too say im sorry in advanced if my pics are too big or if i didnt read some forum rule.... but enjoy bruh

audio033.jpg

audio039.jpg

audio041.jpg

audio042.jpg

audio054.jpg

audio056.jpg

audio076.jpg

audio077.jpg

audio078.jpg

audio079.jpg

Here is my Aerostar bagged on 20s with 6 15"... let me know if you need brackets or bags... We made all our own brackets with a CNC machine atour shop.... And have killer deals on ALL AIR BAG PARTS... call

Kreepin Kustumz @ (480) 219-8947

DSC_0268.jpg

can you say electrical fire and fried sub? I see foam packed into that box that will end up suffocating the sub, and a freaking coat hanger?
dummy he used the coat hanger as a snake but yes watch out for your power wire. it gets hot right there. u can slide it behind the insulation on the firewall on the drivers side of the motor. just have to peal a little back. will keep it away from the heat. just my suggestion.

The foam will act as polyfill does, just another material that is used to break up waves...although I don't know how good it works, but there are several materials people have tried to tune boxes, such as fiberglass, wool, ect.

got enough screws though? did you glue that? lol.

nice little set up. sure is nice to get some sound in your ride huh?

with a fan that size i think this will be just the begining of a future monster. this hobby has a way of pulling you in until you have gutted your car. lol

also i have said this before but **** bro your building a speaker box not a tank. that is some serious screw use. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

yuup good lookin on all the posts i told you i dont know any thing about this ya ima take the foam out faaast i didnt know bout that..

edit: does any one know if its cool if i just line the foam on the interior walls is that still not gunna let the sub breath?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

malc-ez

10+ year member
malc-ez
SAN JOSE, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from