Converting between two Nissan radios

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gth7521

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am looking to swap a factory Nissan radio in my wife's 2016 Rogue with another factor radio she found. It's a different model so the harnesses are different. I have both pin layouts so I can build my own adapter. Except there are three in the original radio that don't show up: Camera power, camera ground, and camera detect. I'm guessing the first two are just a hard wire into the radio power. But what should I do with camera detect. Maybe this radio just gets the camera feed and turns on because of that?

I am looking to swap a factory Nissan radio in my wife's 2016 Rogue with another factor radio she found. It's a different model so the harnesses are different. I have both pin layouts so I can build my own adapter. Except there are three in the original radio that don't show up: Camera power, camera ground, and camera detect. I'm guessing the first two are just a hard wire into the radio power. But what should I do with camera detect. Maybe this radio just gets the camera feed and turns on because of that?
I think the camera detect is for the reverse signal. Now the question is if it runs on positive or ground.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.