Contemplating SLC365 in BMW E46 Coupe

thp

Oregon
Hi Guys.

I started my dive into car audio here early this summer. I did a little teaser and starting learning a bit by installing a PG MAC200 amp + Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5' components. I was going to install a sub but have decided to totally drop the sub idea ( it needed to be removable for track days ).

So as my next step I'm considering getting a 3 way speaker setup power by a single 2 channel amp.

OEM car setup:

2x tweeter + 2" mid + 5.5" woofer in front

2x tweeter + 5.5" woofer in rear

2x 6x9" woofer in trunk

Current setup:

2x tweeter + 6.5" woofer in front

New SLC 365 setup:

2x tweeter + 4" mid in front

2x 6.5" woofer in rear

Do you guys think this is a good idea? I would like the fullest sound possible with a decent freq range but NOT use a sub. Volume isn't too much of an issue, I never play above 50% of my current setup.

Thanks for any suggestions! Oh, and if you have other low priced 3 way spekers to recommend I'll consider them also!

I just installed 265 Kicks in my doors in my e46 coupe. I think your stage might be off a little bit off if running the 6.5s in the rear. Unless you run them as a seperate channel. Have you thought about just upgrading what you have now with the 265's?

Do you have your speakers mounted to the door (metal) or to the door panel?

Mount your woofers to the door, not the panel, and get wither slc265, or some germaniums, or even some Profi's.....my profi's give a TON of bass for just 6.5's with holes cut in the doors, and the speaker mounted on an mdf panel to the metal. That's if your ok with hacking into your doors. But I garentee you'll be surprised by the amount of bass.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

BMW owners unite!!

I personally just run a front stage (Focal 130V1's in the front), and IB deck mounted subs in the stock locations in the rear. You could do the same, only if you have HK, your deck 6x9's are closer to the middle (E46), where as mine are to the sides more (E36). Sure, your rear passengers will be deaf, but hey, if they don't like it they can ride in someone else's car :p

I have 2 amps, but if I got a 4 channel amp I could have no loss of trunk space, since one of my amps is deck mounted too, and there's really nothing that needs to be removed for track days.

You can also look at this guys install:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=478003&highlight=infinite

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.