Constant low-frequency sound?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dayvid
10+ year member

Whenever I turn my head unit on, I hear this loud & annoying low-frequency sound coming from my subs. My subs have worked just fine until last night. I thought that it could have been faulty wiring, or a bad ground connection, but all of that's fine. I can have my volume set to 0 & I can still hear this noise. Any idea of what could be happening?

Disconnect the RCA to the amp and see if the problem goes away. If it does, its the head or cable (induced noise, or bad signal from h/u). To find out which, use the same RCA but try another source unit (instead of the current h/u). The key to trouble shooting is isolating components and wires/cable until the problem ceases. This tells you what the culprit is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.