Constant bass

Participant count
  • Participants list

Silverado513

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have an older Memphis prx-1500.1 amp pushing 2 kicker compVX subs. I was using a L.O.C but didn't like all the wires and rca's bunched up so i used the high output plug in. Seemed like it cut the power down so i switched back. With all knobs turned down i hook it up, as soon as i touch the gain, or sensitivity knob the subs hit wide open and hard. Constant steady bass. I've redone it 5 times, same result. Ive unhooked both positive and neg. from battery. Tried hooking ground wire first, then positive first. No idea what else to do. Any suggestions or thoughts, everything was working perfectly before. Its wired the exact same

Gain on amp and loc are both down, i hook everything up and i get no sound if i turn gain up. Once i touch the adjusting knob for sensitivity it turns the subs on very loud constant bass. No rhythm, just a steady bass line. Every adjustment knob is also turned all the way down

Double check all wiring, it sounds like you make have a strand of power wire touching one of the other wires.
This is a good idea. Disconnect RCAs and test again. Did it do this with the amp's High Level Inputs? If not, your LOC may be wired wrong. If it is one that uses power, 12 volts bay be going into the speaker inputs.

This is a good idea. Disconnect RCAs and test again. Did it do this with the amp's High Level Inputs? If not, your LOC may be wired wrong. If it is one that uses power, 12 volts bay be going into the speaker inputs.
BTW, when you say gain adjuster, are you referring to the remote bass knob or the pot on the amp's side panel?

I
Are you saying when you touch the pot on the side of the amp all hell breaks loose?
Sounds like you have an internal problem. Something came loose in there.

I have all wires hooked up and toggle switched turned on amp comes on no bass (everything is turned down) if i turn the gain or sensitivity 1 click the speakers play a steady bass sound. I'll try to upload a video

The extra wires on the ground is the ground for the loc. The loc has right and left speaker wires, and a ground wire. Its hooked up exactly how it was before i switched it to the high output plug.

Attachments

• 20210223_134738.jpg
    20210223_134738.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 139
I've tried 2 different sets of rca jacks, the loc worked before i swapped it for the high output. Im thinking maybe the loc crapped out at the most inconvenient time.. going to buy another and see if it works

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.