Considering a T-line box or sealed box for dual 12 skar audio subs. Help please.

big12gage

US
So I have a set of skar audio VD 12s rated at 500rms each. I have them running off a hifonics brutus 1516 with 1500wrms at 1 ohm. I have them in an old kicker box i had laying around. Sounds like **** anywhere above 60hz, hits the lows nicely. But I listen to all types of music, sometimes 3 different genres in one day [emoji12] mainly EDM Rap and Rock. Anyway my question is should I have someone help me design a T-line box for the two subs or just go ahead and seal them up? I want sound quality but I don't want to lose too much of my output. I was maybe thinking of keeping the same model subs but going to 15s and sealing them? What do y'all think. T-line for the 12s? Sealed for the 12s? Or go with the 15s sealed? Any experience with any of these setups would be greatly appreciated too!

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Man.. if It was my car and I had them in a ported Kicker box... assuming you have the room I'd consider a DECENT ported box... that Kicker box is probably all wrong... Just sayin'...

Will need to know what vehicle the subs are going into. I'm about to start on a build for a t-line, very shorty. Just got some wood today....finally. The only issue with t-lines is they are much bigger than your average ported enclosure. The plus side: They are very efficient and play very musical with a very wide bandwidth.

Man.. if It was my car and I had them in a ported Kicker box... assuming you have the room I'd consider a DECENT ported box... that Kicker box is probably all wrong... Just sayin'...
it is i just checked it on other thread 43hz 2.8cf ad..

In that Wagon you got room... but no matter which way you go... that roof will need some help... my brothers Subaru wagon looked the same and just a pair of 12" punch on 500 watts were flexin' and making some serious noise...

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.