considering 4 15" re se subs

jmkanek
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Wise, VA
ive been considering getting 4 15" re se subs, i would push them with around 1000w rms each, but my dilema is the space in my car, the biggest box i could get in the hatch would be 10 cubic feet before port or sub displacement, my question is would it be better to just leave it sealed or port it and loose alot of volume??? and would that be louder then my current setup of two orion hcca 12"s

ive been considering getting 4 15" re se subs, i would push them with around 1000w rms each, but my dilema is the space in my car, the biggest box i could get in the hatch would be 10 cubic feet before port or sub displacement, my question is would it be better to just leave it sealed or port it and loose alot of volume??? and would that be louder then my current setup of two orion hcca 12"s
You can fit 4 SE 12's ported. The 15's I believe need 4c/ft ea. ported and it'll be a little cheaper to go with the 12's. You'll lose low end going with the 15's sealed but it's a toss up on which setup would get louder.

1000 watt rms is a little much for the 12's or 15's....both are only rated at 600rms. They will take more than 600 but i dont know about 1000...i run kicker 750.1's on mine and i wouldnt wanna do much more than that...i think the kickers are rated around 800-900rms

hmmm... so goin sealed with the 15's would choke them up a bit , the 12's are only like 10 dollars cheaper then what i can get the 15's for,

2.5 cubes each would be more than enough for the 15's sealed. Personally I'd do the 15's sealed just for fun. 750w on each of mine was more than enough in 2 cubes each sealed.

yea i thought bout going with just two of some type also, just wanted to go all out and see if i could get 4 in there, im still just playing around with subs and boxes till i get something that loud enough to suit me, what i have now is d*** loud just wanna get louder

heard that man, id just like to mix it up a bit, never had a sealed setup jus wondering how it would do ya know, yall think it would have potential to break 150db , with the 4 15"s sealed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.