connecting 1/0 to an amp that accepts only 4ga

I have these guys for my 2 amps that have 4 gauge

reducers1.jpg

reducers.jpg

cause i wanted to know thats the point... k? thanks.pieper88 where did u find those ones they are pretty nice
I dont like those cuz when you screw the terminal down it bites into the wire and with those I think they would eventually slide out sense you are just putting pressure on it with the screw in the terminal... If that makes sense? lol

I dont like those cuz when you screw the terminal down it bites into the wire and with those I think they would eventually slide out sense you are just putting pressure on it with the screw in the terminal... If that makes sense? lol
yeah i know what u mean.. will i loose anything by having the 4ga wire split off the 0ga ? i dont understand the point of the 0ga if im connectin with 4ga still u know?

yeah i know what u mean.. will i loose anything by having the 4ga wire split off the 0ga ? i dont understand the point of the 0ga if im connectin with 4ga still u know?
Well wire typically measure its maximum amp loads at 20 feet... so a foot long run or whatever of 4 gauge will hold a lot of current its the long run all the way from that front batt that needs 1/0 so that you dont have as much resistance in that long distance... make sense?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.