• Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

Hello,

I have a Kenwood KPA-SD100 w/ cd changer. I would like to mount a subwoofer on my car BUT without having to install an amplifier. Do you know how can I do this? Is this going to destroy my receiver? Is there any subwoofer that will not harm my receiver?

I don't want any active sub, I'm talking about enclosed subs.

Thank you,

Raul Nunes

I would advise you to not try and push a sub from a recievers internal amplifier. While many claim to produce 50 watts x 4 or so- you have to take into consideration that this is a peak power rating- meaning- it doesnt always produce 50 watts x 4. Likely its RMS rating is between 12 and 22 watts x 4. This is not enough power to sufficiently motivate the Voice coil of the subwoofer, there for, there would be little output.

Your most strait forward solution is to run your power and signal wires and install a powered subwoofer or a separate amp and sub.

There are sacrifices and work that must be done to achieve the bottom end you desire. There really isnt a way to get arround it....

take it easy,

-zane

Hello,

Thank you all for your answers.

I'll try to follow them. Once again,

Thank you,

Raul Nunes

Hello again,

I forgot to mention one thing, I have a 1997 BMW Convertible.

In the middle of the backrest seats there's 20x20x20cm hole.

Do you know of any good powered sub that will fit there?

Thank you again,

Raul Nunes

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.