Confused

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jordan93

WI
I just picked up a truck today, along with a Pioneer head unit, new front speakers connected to an amp, and a sub connected to another. But only the rear speakers (the only original speakers left) work. I don't know hardly anything about this stuff, but was able to figure out none of it was getting power because of a bad ground connection. After I cleaned up the connection for that the chrome cylinder (I don't know what it is) displayed the battery power and the amp for the sub had a light that came on (the one for the front speakers doesnt have any light) The color displayed stood for protect mode, but that went out. It says the other color displayed would be green. However, the cylinder is still lit up. During this whole time, there was no sound from the sub or fronts. I checked the fuses, and they appear good, and I removed and reattached the positive wires with no luck. I don't think it could be the ground, since the ground for the amps are connected to the same piece as the ground for the cylinder is.

Anyone know what to do?

As a new member, I can't post any pictures.

Have you checked your inline power fuse. The one that should be within 3 feet from your battery?

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

and your head unit is working fine correct?

is this chrome cylinder a capacitor by any chance? google it and see if it looks similar to what you have. Or mabe a distrobution/fuse block?

I was touching the power input on one of the amps with the power that had been going into the capacitor, got no response. However just tapping it back with the capacitor it sparks and powers the capacitor.

EDIT: It seems as if both amps are getting power...but the sub amp doesn't say it is (and it think it's supposed to be lit with LEDs inside it) and the other is not making the speakers work either. Are they both bad, maybe?

Edit yet again: I tried another amp that I used to have in a car and that wasn't working either.

Edit 3: after pulling out the headunit, I noticed the remote wire was connected to a different one than the one that is coming out of the headunit. I'm going to move it over, and see if there is a change.

E4: No dice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.