Power Cable set -Tspec ?'s

Participant count
  • Participant list

SteveVHT

Is the TSpec V84RAK 4 Gauge V8 Series OFC Car Audio Amplifier/Amp Kit w/2-Channel RCAs a good setup?

All I have been able to find is CCA and RF stuff at local stores. The RF 4 gauge is like $100, and all the OFC is hard to find. I just bought this set from Sonic just now. I am just hoping it is quality stuff.

I will be wiring up 2 PPI amps. A PCX480 and a PCX2200. I'm sure it will be fine since I ran this same setup off all aluminum last time, but it was 0 gauge split to 2- 4 gauge via dist block.

Any word on this. Sonic seems to have good feedback.

Steve

tspec is the new tsunami
Is that good or bad? It says OFC, so I assumed they were OK. 99% of the stuff I see even at pro install shops is copper clad aluminum. I personally don't think it's a huge difference, but all the shops are $2-$3 for the clad crap. I was going to get a Rockford 4 Gague setup, but didn't see the difference in quality. OFC is OFC, unless they are selling crap that is mislabeled...

Hopefully they are good. They claim to be OFC. Almost all the local stores are installing and selling CCA on even high end jobs....???? But then again, a lot of the systems they are putting in are not for real music, just for rap and super low bass with no SQ at all. People like to hear their car vibrate and have no clue of what good sound quality is. I guess I will find out by wednesday. I hope this is good quality stuff for the price...

The wire in the V8-4RAK kit is called "Value Spec" OFC. It has fewer strands than CEA "spec". V10 is CEA spec OFC, and V12 is 10% oversized OFC. V6 wiring kits have CCA wire. The wire composition and strand count is mainly why the price goes up as you go toward V12. I really like the black power distribution parts in the V12 line.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.