confused on ohms

When wired in series they create a 8ohm load, when wired in parallel it's a 2 ohm load. If you wire them in series and connect them bridged to your amp then you get a 4 ohm load. But if you wire them in parallel and connect them bridged to your amp then you get a 1ohm load. I think that's correct.

If you wire one sub to your amp its 4 ohm load. Wire both in parallel its 2 ohm load. Wire both in series its a 8 ohm load.OK

When wired in series they create a 8ohm load, when wired in parallel it's a 2 ohm load. If you wire them in series and connect them bridged to your amp then you get a 4 ohm load. But if you wire them in parallel and connect them bridged to your amp then you get a 1ohm load. I think that's correct.
so ur saying i can get 2 4ohm subs to run at 1 ohm?how so?because my amp is 1 ohm stable and i'd like to get another 500 watts out of it.

so ur saying i can get 2 4ohm subs to run at 1 ohm?how so?because my amp is 1 ohm stable and i'd like to get another 500 watts out of it.
No you can't

Bridged and and parallel are different things.

Parallel wiring is when you wire one or more subs to get a lower impedence. Thats how you get more watts out of an amp.

Bridging is when you wire one voice coil to two channels of an amp.

No you can't

Parallel wiring is when you wire one or more subs to get a lower impedence. Thats how you get more watts out of an amp.

just to clarify....you are wiring the channels together in parallel when you bridge, but the term "wired in parallel" generally assume voicecoils being wired in paralell.

No you can't

so then my subs are wired parrallel and bridged?cuz i have 1 set of wires coming from 2 subs.so then wouldnt that mean im wiring one or more subs and getting a lower impendence and then i bridged them because 1 voice coil is going to 2 channels of an amp? the amp looks like this ()(-)(+)() or however the positive negatives go,but anyway thats what the speaker wire input thingy looks like.i dont know any technical names n stuff.

Bridged is wired from + to - , multiple coils. Resistance adds like X + Y = total amps (IE 4 ohm coils = 4+4=8).

Parallel is wired such that the same wire connects to multiple + terminals or multiple - terminals... Resistance then adds inversely so that 1/X + 1/Y = 1/total amps (IE 1/4 + 1/4 = 1/2 aka 2 amp load).

Now, these two rules are combined in cases like dual voice coils wired in parallel.... you can play with the math or read a friendly physics book.

just to clarify....you are wiring the channels together in parallel when you bridge, but the term "wired in parallel" generally assume voicecoils being wired in paralell.
Bridging has nothing to do with coils of ANY speaker. Bridging is an amplifier process only. Its when you use 2 channels together as one mono channel. Hope that clears it up.

Adam //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif :up2someth //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smokin.gif.f1dc8d2acb1809e863ebd6a47eaa0d45.gif

Why bring up a thread this old? Pointless.
OOps!! My bad, didn't realize the date. I was bored and didn't think to check the date before I responded.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wacky.gif.cf4a48f9e6dfe9504ffd2c946fd2f340.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.