Confused on how to get the most out of my subs and my amp...

HardcoreBob

Senior VIP Member
Dallas
I'm doing my best to understand how ohms and my subs and amp work together...

I have two, 10" DVC 4ohm subs 500 watts rms each...

I understand I can either wire them to present a 4 ohm or 1 ohm load to my amp...

I thought my amp was 1ohm stable, but reading these stats, I guess that's not the case...

Is this 1500 watt amp enough to push two subs well since I can only wire up to or in the 4ohm configuration?

It is my understanding that I take the rams of my speakers "combined" which is 1000... is 750 going to push them well?

620d9462b2876a50a2a545073797ee1a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm doing my best to understand how ohms and my subs and amp work together...
I have two, 10" DVC 4ohm subs 500 watts rms each...

I understand I can either wire them to present a 4 ohm or 1 ohm load to my amp...

I thought my amp was 1ohm stable, but reading these stats, I guess that's not the case...

Is this 1500 watt amp enough to push two subs well since I can only wire up to or in the 4ohm configuration?

It is my understanding that I take the rams of my speakers "combined" which is 1000... is 750 going to push them well?

620d9462b2876a50a2a545073797ee1a.jpg

yeah more power be better but what subs? whats the db and mms specs? maybe they aren't that "heavy"..

So I’m better off using this, my other amp? It is capable of 500 at 4 ohm, is that going to give me some reasonable power?

28a55ec99da90c0440bd57e565c8a13f.jpg

That PPI is a 4 ch amp. Better off getting an amp 1 ohm stable to power your subs. Doesn't have to be an expensive one either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.