Confused about Gain setting

Participant count
  • Participant list

Biker
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Tracy, CA
Im confused about the gain setting math. I am hooking up the following.

formula Mach-6000 amp 4X250 at 2 ohms

Diamond audio S600s rated 170 Watt RMS at 4 Ohms.

So my amp is 125 Watt at 4 Ohms

What should my Voltage be?

Thanks in advance

Biker

One gain for for 2 speakers, Its a 4 channel amp and has 2 gain controls.

AMP Is a formula Mach-6000 amp 4X250 at 2 ohms

http://www.wwwsales.net/amps/mach_6000.htm

Its a cheap amp I bought at the flea market but it has served me well for almost 5 years now.

Will it be ok to drive the Diamond audio S600s components?

Thanks Biker

I don't know anything about the amp except the specs you listed. It will slightly underdrive the speakers but as long as you properly set your gains you will be fine...ohms law voltage = the square root of watts x ohms...so 125w x 4 ohms = 500 the square root of 500 = 22.4 volts per channel

Thanks everyone for the help, My main focus and the reason I bought the Diamond S600s components is because I want loud. I have been using the Gain as a volume adjustment and have blown 2 sets of speakers. The last ones being the Infinity Perfects rated at 100 Watts RMS. This time I will try the DMM and if its not loud enough I will ask for some more help.

Thanks Biker

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.