confused about EQ on deck.

Participant count
  • Participant list

jacko
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have a pioneer Deh2600, and i'm confused. My bass/mid/teb goes from -6 to +6. What does this change? Does this change the pre-out voltage sent for that tone? Does it even change pre-out voltage at all? Or does it only give out a full 2v when it's at +6? thanks

Thanks but that's mainly for setting gains, but it doesn't really answer my question, and it's a bit easier to set them when you know the supposed output voltage of your deck I guess.

You initially said you didn't want clipping... That is the answer for no clipping. And yes I know you edited, it says right below your post.

i know i edited... I was just clarifiying it up for others. I still don't want clipping either way, most people don't. Is there a way i can know my whether my 2v preout voltage is at 0 or +6? And with ~2,500 posts I didn't take you as a noob to think you wouldn't figure out i edited ;-)

I know but if I can send a cleaner 2v signal vs having the amp to compensate for a low voltage output from the deck, i'd rather do that.

Leave the eqs at 0, otherwise the deck will clip the signal at a lower volume. Buy an Eclipse with the BLA to get 16v if you REALLY need a clean signal...

Ok - just like back in the old days when head units had dual-shaft chassis and it was a big deal to have a stereo with separate bass and treble adjustments as opposed to a 'tone' control and you spun the bass adjustment one way or the other to boost or cut the amount of bass in what you were listening to and the same for the treble adjustment....

It's the same idea in today's head units but the adjustment mechanism is digital rather than being controlled by a rheostat. The -6 to +6 figures are simply the amount of cut or boost to each range of frequencies (bass, midrange, and treble)

Leave the eqs at 0, otherwise the deck will clip the signal at a lower volume. Buy an Eclipse with the BLA to get 16v if you REALLY need a clean signal...
So then the deck would be sending a clipped signal to the amp with it at +6 and a high volume? I didn't know that decks could clip the signal via RCA... good to know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.