Condensation - can it hurt?

If you look at the top left corner of every post, it shows when the comment was typed. You just went off on an empty chatroom. That there is funny, I don't care who you are! Welcome to the forum.
I would get a heat gun and extension cord plug it in and just hit the subs with the heat gun until you see the condensation if you operate, all you can use a hair blow dryer which is probably more easy to easily accessible.. do that before you play them and you should be fun, that's what I'm about to do right now because I have the same issue but, remember everybody there's no ******* leak in my trunk lol
Also having very bad condensation problems in my gp audio ported and tuned box. …polyurethanes the whole fu***** thing and I take my 15 skar ddx out of it for the first time since installing inside box… and my sun if fullll of condensation… “box fine”.. subwoofer magnet had slightly to rust wiped it off with a towel… but I noticed my sub making this weird noise at high volume so that why I investigated….. so now I have to probably completely seal my ported and tuned box.. only thing I can think of that will completely protect the “bottom side” of my sub… or best thing I could think of…. And hopefully my sub isn’t damaged… let it dry I’m the sun for 2 days and will seal box up and put some foam or stuffing inside box, and pray the damn thing beats like it used too….so yes condensation will ruin your sub and also the glue on your voice coil.. that’s what I’m worried about on mine anyway

subwoofer magnet had slightly to rust wiped it off with a towel… but I noticed my sub making this weird noise at high volume
Condensation does not really kill a sub. Skar subs are known for making mechanical noise after the break in period. I had a pair of 8" ZVX with mechanical noise. Was not really noticable until you got near the sub.

Condensation does not really kill a sub. Skar subs are known for making mechanical noise after the break in period. I had a pair of 8" ZVX with mechanical noise. Was not really noticable until you got near the sub.

Condensation can and will kill a sub. If there is enough moisture to condense on the magnet, there is enough moisture to condense on the coil leads and start corrosion that can kill them. I was the unassuming victim of this process. Only took about a month with a small leak in my trunk for the sub to be toast.

Matt

I stand corrected. I did not consider a high moisture enviorment.
High humidity will definitely shorten the time frame required for damage. Just remember, any amount of moisture is bad for all electronics, period. I now keep a container of damp-rid in my trunk and I'm waiting on some of the de-humidifying pellets I can put into a small container with holes in it for a permanent solution. I did fix the leak, but in central Florida the relative humidity is almost always above 60%, and I don't want to risk one of my 18's.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...