CompVR vs P1

omgrellik
10+ year member

Still looking at 15s. Trying to go somewhat budget but good. Kicker CompVR vs Rockford Fosgate P1. Both 15s. Which would sound better and be louder? Also, want a decent cheap to power them. Can get a sealed box for 35. Want sub, box, and amp to be under 220 max if possible. Thanks guys

With $220 being your max for amp, sub and enclosure, I can't really recommend you better subs. Out of those two subs, I'd pick the kicker cvr.
Thanks. Ive heard that Audiopipes are pretty good. I dunno though. I just wanted to go with reputable brands. I've fell in love my RF. Got 2 P2 10s in a ported box that work perfect for 80$ I fell in love. I'm gonna sell them with my amp to finance the 15.

The only fosgates worth a dam is the p3's and up. If I was givin 1 or 2's they'd end up visiting a wall socket, then into the garbage where I would urinate on them till the trash man came.

With that said....Pick the cvr.

I wouldn't even bother buying a system if that's all I had to spend to be honest...
Why not? Anything is better than stock. Everyone has different budgets, and therefore, different starting points.

You're advice is akin to telling someone they shouldn't even touch a motor if all they had was $500 to spend on it. Guess what, a chip is a decent starting place. Is it the same performance as twin turbos w/ computer tuning, blow off valves, high pressure injectors and an intercooler? No. Does it make the car faster than before? Yes.

Why not? Anything is better than stock. Everyone has different budgets, and therefore, different starting points.
You're advice is akin to telling someone they shouldn't even touch a motor if all they had was $500 to spend on it. Guess what, a chip is a decent starting place. Is it the same performance as twin turbos w/ computer tuning, blow off valves, high pressure injectors and an intercooler? No. Does it make the car faster than before? Yes.
x2..

I have plenty of disposable income but you won't see me buying the best of the best. Shit, look at my sig. If a single cvr and a decent 500 watt amp makes someone happy that's all that matters.

No but if you do it in steps you don't waste money... For example if he just started with a good headunit and maybe speakers with the smaller budget he has now then going with amps and subs later... Why just go by cheap amps and subs your just gunna want to sell later for better stuff and lose money on it... Like starting with an exhaust which will help and is needed for the future upgrades instead of a cheap tuner your just gunna have to sell for better tuning...

No but if you do it in steps you don't waste money... For example if he just started with a good headunit and maybe speakers with the smaller budget he has now then going with amps and subs later... Why just go by cheap amps and subs your just gunna want to sell later for better stuff and lose money on it... Like starting with an exhaust which will help and is needed for the future upgrades instead of a cheap tuner your just gunna have to sell for better tuning...
Remember' date=' anything he buys is re-saleable so as long as it is maintained. He might be out a bit due to depreciation, but a little bang now is better than no bang for 9 mo-2 yrs while he saves up.

[b']Most[/b] (yes I know, not all) audio is more easily removed and replaced than performance parts; so in that sense they don't really compare. A chip would be easy to back off then resale. An exhaust system with headers that aren't proper for the turbo system would be nigh worthless for resale.

getta ssa dcon 15

Still looking at 15s. Trying to go somewhat budget but good. Kicker CompVR vs Rockford Fosgate P1. Both 15s. Which would sound better and be louder? Also, want a decent cheap to power them. Can get a sealed box for 35. Want sub, box, and amp to be under 220 max if possible. Thanks guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

omgrellik

10+ year member
omgrellik
Rocky Mount, VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from